MMStan

hawaii 50

Reaction score
i just read the Thread "Share your knowledge/new ukes etc" that Stan posted last week

and i understand what Eugene Ukulele trying to do..but

on this site i have seen a handful of members go after one of my favorite builders, a person try to ruin the reputation of a string manufacture(sorry bout spelling),many many list or charts that ask you to list your favorite ukes, builders,,strings etc..from good to worst..seems to be what Stan did?

Stan does so much good stuff for people on the UU..raising money for whatever reason to help someone who has had bad luck..i have not seen any one else(myself included) UUmembers or builders do this..

Stan is a we person not a Me me person like i see to often on this site and this is his what he is about ..trying to help new members.. go in the right direction..spending a lot of money on ukes

Stan may have been wrong to post what he did but..disrespecting him in front of all his friends was wrong too!

my 2 cents
Len Kojima

Last edited:
Stan "The Man" Musial may have died and left Cardinal Nation, but we UU'ers have our own Stan the Man.

Last edited:
MMStan has helped me immensely. I consider him a true friend, and always will.

I don't consider Eugene's action to have constituted "disrespect" at all. On the contrary, I thought the wording of Eugene's explanation was extremely diplomatic. I'm certain Stan wouldn't have taken offence.

Unless I missed the post where Stan was found hanging from the rafters in his garage.

Stan IS my Bruddah from anadah muddah, talk to him daily and visit him when I'm in Honolulu. He and I had our disagreements like REAL Brothers but the fact remains that we understand and love each other and will always be beside one another.
I had a discussion with him on this subject matter and made it CLEAR how I felt. Yeah, I may have reprimanded my little Bruddah but HE understood.
Eh, ENUFF ALREADY, PAU..................Bo...............

Stan is....the man . It's been my impression that he is the unoffical good will ambassador for this site. I'm a big " Mystery Man" Fan .

I've been getting a negative vibe from this site for awhile now, was it always like this? Its starting to feel like other forums I've been on and thats not a good thing. I think I'm gonna spend more time playing and less time on UU.

Have fun all.

My wife and I consider Stan a dear friend. He is the kindest, generous, most helpful and gentle man you would ever meet. He doesn't have a mean-spirited bone in his body. When I first joined UU, it was Stan who welcomed me with Aloha. I see him do the same for every new member. We are so lucky that he is a contributor to this forum.

I also care a great deal for Jon. He is a gifted man who could be, justifiably, egotistical. On the contrary, to my mind he is self-effacing. He is thoughtful and sensitive, a great moderator. We are so lucky that he is a contributor to this forum.

I have great respect and admiration for Duane. He is a brilliant luthier and artist. Moreover, he is very generous with his knowledge and experience. I have learned an immense amount from him. We are so lucky that he is a contributor to this forum.

The fallout over the exchange on the forum surrounding this thread consists of a misunderstanding, I am convinced. These things happen sometimes with electronic communication; it is impossible to read body language, difficult to interpret meaning and gauge intent with precision. Feelings get hurt. I am certain that nobody here engaged with any malicious interest, especially not Stan, nor Duane, nor Jon. I'll admit that I didn't read the thread in its entirety. It was painful to me to witness people I care about struggle and suffer. I hoped it would resolve itself with as little spiritual damage as possible.

My life is not "like a bowl of cherries." In fact, most of the time I am frustrated and angry. The ukulele makes me happy. UU has provided me with friends and good conversation. UU is a joy for me. It's important. I would be miserable without it.

As someone who posted in that thread, I want to say here, as told Stan privately, that I didn't mean Stan any disrespect in posting. I posted a suggestion as to why Duane appeared to be bothered by the thread, and I made it a point to say that I believed -- based on my own wonderful experiences with Stan -- that Stan's only intent was to educate UUers about the huge number of options there are for custom or built-to-order ukuleles and that Duane may have somehow read the thread differently. I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with Stan when I was on O'ahu this past October, and, like Len, I think of Stan as one of the warmest, most generous, most delightful, most sincere and most inspirational people I have met. I have "cybermet" Jon and have found him to be one of the most generous thoughtful, sincere, and warm people I have encountered. Jon can speak for himself if he wants to, but I know that he thinks the world of Stan, and I imagine his decision to close that thread was anguishing for him. For me, UU is a much richer place because Stan and Jon are here.

I applaud Len for creating an opportunity here for people to share their respect and love for Stan. I just hope this doesn't become an opportunity to "relitigate" that other thread.

[...]I applaud Len for creating an opportunity here for people to share their respect and love for Stan. I just hope this doesn't become an opportunity to "relitigate" that other thread.

+1. Wise words, bro.

While I sympathize with Stan and the ukulele makers on/not on his list, it's not his intention that is the issue as much as the result. I think Eugene just did his job and prevented a thread from getting out of hand. Certainly disturbed the noob.

My actions in that thread were taken with a heavy heart and on the deep consideration of 2 factors: my responsibility to the UU and its membership based on the position entrusted to me, and my concern to mitigate any potential backlash Stan might attract lest his post be misinterpreted. To the OP, you could have sent me a PM expressing these concerns. I consider myself to be very approachable and would have gladly discussed the issue with you at great length.

I will state openly that my friendship with Stan is something I hold dear. He is one of the closest friends I have yet made in my 41 years. Period. Please folks, continue to show your love for our Bruddah. It is richly deserved and I could happily read of it all day.

Let da parties involved PM each other. Now we are giving our 2 cents...I guess I just gave mine but not even worth a penny. LOL

Aloha All My Friends,
I was sleeping and my friend Bo called me to say If I saw what was on the forums and it was about me.... I passed out again....I saw this thread about 15 minuetes ago, and I needed
time to reflect on it....Let me say, I am probally the most private person and all this attention towards me has made me quite embarassed among other things..Let me first say, thank you
for the accolades, kind and generous words....Let me say, Jon is the closest friend I had too for most of all the time I have been on this earth and Mark is not very far behind,
I love them to death... while I do not know how this got out or how much, let me say that we are still great friends and all the things are in the past....Nothing much more to add or say.
In Life everyone makes mistakes or misjudgements, and I am probally the one to admit I have made some doozies..even when you make ones that seems right, others may assume or perceive
them as different...hence spins is the correct terminology used presently....If I ever offended anyone, it was not my intention to and I send my sincerest appoligies to Duane and potential others.
As I have the oppertunity now to say to all, let's not focus in the past but in the future on how we can all make this a better place to be.. Thank you all for listening, and Happy Strummings :)
UU Forums, the mods, admin and staff, members are simply the best around...Mahalo Plenty, I love you all. :eek::)

Last edited:
The UU world is back in order!! Let's get back to the best $200 uke, which strings you like, what size uke to get, what top wood, and any other trivial topic we can think of! At the end of the day, friendship and good health are far more important!!

I love Stan and saw nothing wrong with that thread (I just read it today after seeing this thread).
Stan had placed a...and etc. after almost every category which leads to there are more out there.

I'm just glad we have mods that make tough decisions and members that contribute more than me.

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Stan...but I assured him that if I ever get to make it to Hawaii, I will...I hope...I always enjoy his posts here, and his PMs to me are delightful...I doubt if there are a handful of folks on earth who know more about ukuleles, or care more about ukulele players...
Stan, if you read this...thanks for being here, and thanks for being you...

Top Bottom