NUD - Kamaka HF-3 from HMS

BigSkyUkuleleGirl

Are we there yet......
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with MGM and bought the last HF-3 they had. I'm going to have it set up with the low G and see how that is. My current uke is set up low G BC when I bought the strings I made a mistake and got the set with the low G........I like it tho' and figured I can always change it later.

I am so excited! This is a present to myself from my mom who just passed away a couple of weeks ago...:(

I mainly play guitar but I just haven't been able to bring myself to get them out.....the other day I was sitting at home and saw my little uke and picked it up and started strumming and found that although I am sad she is gone the sound made me feel better - the little uke has provided me comfort.

I've been playing Jake's Pianoforte for her and I think it will sound wonderful on the Kamaka. Now, whenever I play it I will think of her and smile.

MGM said I'll have it sometime next week.

Music soothes a lot of life's pain. You've made an excellent choice, an instrument that can be your companion for a lifetime.

My condolences for your loss. It'll be nice that your new Kamaka will help you smile at the thought of your mom.

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Please accept my condolences.

And I am glad to see the ukulele brought some comfort to you, I am sure you will love your new Kamaka when it arrives.

I never owned a Kamaka, but know from Staci and Aaron and others that Kamakas rule. (Aaron owns a full store and could play any uke he wants--and he plays a Kamaka!). They are legendary for a reason, these Kamakas. Staci owns the best of the Ks, and I've learned so much from her comparison of them in answers to other threads.

Yes, yes, photos, Diane. Wow...you've jumped right to the big leagues.

We've exchanged PMs about your mom...and again, I'm sorry to hear of her passing, Diane.

I've been playing Jake's Pianoforte for her and I think it will sound wonderful on the Kamaka. Now, whenever I play it I will think of her and smile.

MGM said I'll have it sometime next week.

Excellent choice, Kamaka ukes have a lot of soul built into them !!

Last edited:
It's a sad thing, but what a wonderful way to remember your mother.

My condolences.

I guess that kind makes us related I grabbed one out of that batch too.

BillMo, so you're the one......I do believe that makes us ukulele cousins....

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have been blessed the last few weeks in that although she's gone my wonderful family, friends, relatives, and my forum family have provided strength and encouragement.

I'm sorry for your loss, but happy that you chose a "gift" that can literally last your lifetime.

BillMo, so you're the one......I do believe that makes us ukulele cousins....

I, too, grabbed one from said batch. Haha. Ugh I really gotta stop buying these things. It's starting to get ridiculous... Also, so sorry to hear about your loss :(

I, too, grabbed one from said batch. Haha. Ugh I really gotta stop buying these things. It's starting to get ridiculous... Also, so sorry to hear about your loss :(

I talked to Andrew Sunday and he said he purchased 5 and 3 were already sold with 2 left. He said they would last about a week and I thought he was being overly positive but now I see that Kamakas sell themselves. I was thinking about getting rid of mine but better keep it now. LOL

And my condolence to you and your family Bigsky.

Aloha BigSky, condolences on your loss and congrats on your choice. It will bring you many happy moments.

PS, enjoy Montana. It's a wonderful state

Unfortunately, it's not here yet. Should be getting her tommorrow. Can't wait. Big sky and Soupking we'll have to compare notes. Haha Ukulele cousins

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, I'm in a similar boat. I just lost my last living grandparent, my sweet grandma, and am flying home for her funeral tomorrow. But like you, I also just purchased a nice Hawaiian K-brand ukulele and when I get home it will be there waiting for me. I also imagine this uke will remind me of her often when I play it, as she lived many years in Hawaii and it was her favorite place in the world, and I bought it the day she passed. I think its really cool that with buying a well made uke that we love, it will be with us the rest of our lives. Kinda neat to think of the musical journeys we will have together, and that we will be old one day and still playing it! Blessings for your family, I'm happy to hear you are in good spirits with good support in this difficult time. Peace!

Condolences on the loss of your beloved mother.

Your Kamaka will help you through the grieving process. Enjoy your new Kamaka and the meaning it will always have for you. It was an excellent choice.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear of your loss, but wish you well with your new Kamaka. It will always have a very special meaning to you. I echo others when I ask you to let us know when it arrives and share pix/sound.

Top Bottom