Ukulele Hunt Video of the Year Contest

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
ha ha! So well deserved John. Hearty congratulations mate. I'm constantly in awe of your playing and singing and this is recognition for you that is certainly overdue. I will be buying multiple copies of your rekkid when you decide to release one.

:cheers:

Vote the Dork Side

Badabing! Good luck John.:worship:

:cheers:

Thank you, Jon, and thank you, Cletus.

My Rekkid - ! One of these days, Jon, One of these days. Happy to report I start a new full-time job on Tuesday. I think it takes having no time to do a personal project that finally motivates you to get it going!!

Well done on the nomination John! I voted you number 1 without hesitation.
Voted for you - I put this video on my blog as soon as you did it, as you know.... it really deserves to win. Great song, so beautifully un-PC....! and delivered with bang-on the right style and vibe.

John needs your votes, folks, because he's an individual and the trio and the bands nominated have a wider field of support to call on! (i.e friends and followers of each person playing......)

Thank you, Lesley!

Thanks, Campbell; it's much appreciated. Those three gals got this sewn up, but it's nice to be in there amongst all these swell videos, considering mine looks like it was recorded using something powered by a hamster wheel.

Thank you, Dave, and thanks on the good wishes for the new job. It's not directly related to the uke, but it could be - I'm going to be head of publicity for Shazam, which you may already have on your smartphone if you have a smartphone. Can't wait!! I start Tuesday - in Palo Alto California for the first week, then back in NYC.

Love the George Formby-esque final! And the song.... Wow... They don't write them like that any more... thank goodness. I'd be ex-communicated from some of my friends' circles if I were ever to sing that one aloud today ;)

You shouldn't need to worry about Keston Cobblers' Club. Pretty girl in leathers playing a Mahalo Les Paul Uke for about 1/10th of the song. No contest. ;)

Last edited:
bump -

if you haven't been over to Ukehunt and voted, please do, John B needs your votes! There are six videos in the selection, and at the moment Sophie Madeleine and her mates are leading - now theirs is a great song (Bei Mir Bist du Schoen) and the three of them are singing while Sophie plays - it's lovely - but John found an obscure song and gives it his own unique treatment - if you haven't seen this vid, you should...... VOTE! (Sorry for the capitals......)

Lord, I'm doing my best.......

i just jammed in front of central park with our good friend john bianchi! he deserves your votes!!

Thank you, Nipper and Peter, and everyone for the bumps! Yes, TG&Y, I will have a hard time beating those cheekbones. Plus, they're nice girls from just across the river from me. :D

I voted for John because I'm a huge fan of his, but dang that Laura Marling tune on the Mya-Moe was gorgeous.

Vote cast - fantastic John, makes me sway between wanting to practice my triple and fan strokes and thinking 'what's the point?'. Great stuff - and congrats on the new job! I love shazam - and regularly have to pull the car over to use it!!

Top Bottom