My new ukulele :)

Liamfsus7

Reaction score
Finally, I have my new ukulele - and I love it!

I started playing ukulele in September time. My first was a Mahalo that cost me £12.. It was awful.
I quickly upgraded to a £50 "Puretone Kahana"
It's a grey uke for the price but I really wanted a concert.

So last week I went to the only uke selling shop in town and after much internal debate I left with a Brunswick concert for £65.
As soon as I got home I realised the mistake Id made. Under the pressure of wanting a uke that day I'd ended up choosing something I really didn't like.. Laminate!!

I returned it promptly and travelled to the next city to see what they had.
I found a Tanglewood concert for £109.99, and fell in love.
I was so happy with it until I got home.. And it had a serious buzzing issue that I didn't notice while playing in the busy shop.
(This particular uke comes with a nice hard case anywhere you buy it, but the woman in the store acted as if it was the store trying to get rid of them and being really generous..)

So I then went back to the shop and explained about the buzzing, they had no more tanglewood in stock and asked if I'd like to pick another?
I looked and they were all more expensive and I explained I'd already gone over budget at £109.99.
SOOO.. I got a £139.99 Lanikai electro acoustic concert at no extra charge.
And because the woman had previously told me the case was a free gift from the shop, not tanglewood, I got to keep that too! :D

So I'm very happy in the end :))))

(I cannot post photos on my iPhone, so here's a link to one http://statigr.am/p/389818288961831267_259870335 )

Last edited:
What is the name of the store? An awesome customer service story like this, they deserve the plug.

Well, the Lanikai is still a laminate ukulele, but if you like the sound that's no problem.

And perhaps this story reflects the importance of shopping for ukuleles from somewhere that sets them up...

But congratulations on your new uke! I know how that feels :D

Well, the Lanikai is still a laminate ukulele, but if you like the sound that's no problem.

And perhaps this story reflects the importance of shopping for ukuleles from somewhere that sets them up...

But congratulations on your new uke! I know how that feels :D

Well, I mean laminate i dont like - like it looks like shiny cheap bathroom floor :/

And thanks :)

Wow, talk about Kismit! The beauty was just waiting for you.

Hope the two of you make much beautiful music together

Congrats

I think it is actually Nato wood. Congratulations on your new uke. Glad it worked out so well in the end. Very happy for you!

Top Bottom