Northern California UUers: Don't miss Lil Rev

Tommy B

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I attended Lil Rev's concert and workshop last night in Petaluma, and what a treat that was. I haven't been to a uke workshop in years, and I feel like I got a LOT of uke learning and entertainment in that two+ hours. If you're interested in blues, Tin Pan Alley, Vaudeville, mainland style, music history, adding some hot licks to your playing and having a great uke-centric time, don't miss this workshop if you get the chance. Rev is not only a great musician, performer and songwriter, he's a great teacher and damn funny storyteller, too. He's on a swing through Northern California right now, so check out his website.

Another cool thing about last night's show was that it was at Kala's headquarters, so we got to check out all their ukes (didn't know they were making banjos, too). Kala was very gracious, giving away electronic tuners and providing bottled water for attendants. The owner even performed on U-bass with Lil Rev, and they sounded great together.

He'll be at Gryphon Strings Saturday with 2 workshops. Not sure if tickets are still available or not.

:agree: I too am a new and huge fan of Lil' Rev after his workshop at our uke club.
One of the 3 most enjoyable uke workshops I've ever attended. Can't say enough good about his presentation skills.

I attended a Lil Rev workshop some time ago at Mike DaSilva's studio in Oakland, and the workshop was a blast. Lil Rev is knowledgeable, informative, and entertaining.

I'm definitely a fan of Lil Rev too!

Petey

Sounds cool. I am going to ask a dumb question. What exactly is a ukulele workshop?

Top Bottom