DIY solid stick ukulele

Sue991

Reaction score
Hi. I am very new to ukuleles and am taken with the idea of making my own soprano stick electric ukulele. What's the most difficult part of such a project and is it possible for someone with limited woodworking experience? I'd love your thoughts and any information on the common pitfalls.

Oy...pretty wide open question. It all depends on what tools you have and what you're trying to build with it.
Look on the electric guitar building forums and on youtube. You can see all the steps involved in building an electric instrument and see what you can do and what you can't do yet.

Oy...pretty wide open question. It all depends on what tools you have and what you're trying to build with it.
Look on the electric guitar building forums and on youtube. You can see all the steps involved in building an electric instrument and see what you can do and what you can't do yet.

Thanks. That gives me a starting point. I really like the Risa solid electric ukuleles, that's the sort of thing I'd like to try. As for tools, pretty basic stuff that my husband has around. Nothing especially for wood working.

As for tools, pretty basic stuff that my husband has around. Nothing especially for wood working.

If he's a chef, you might be in trouble.

I might be a million miles off, but surely you can assemble an e-uke with fairly simple tools?

What about a ready made neck and fretboard, a simple under saddle pickup of some description, a ready made bridge and saddle and a lump of wood for the body?

Just then a matter of getting everything lined up and sized up and bolting it all together?

Sounds like a fun project...... :D

Top Bottom