Do you own multi-banjoleles?

I think casual ownership of one is allowed, but a collection would require a special license...

I think casual ownership of one is allowed, but a collection would require a special license...

Not sure if I'd get past the background check!

I don't even own one banjo uke yet. But I'd love to get a vintage Gibson or something similar because I love that "old radio" sound. Excited for the concert Firefly too!

I have a 1920s cast metal one that I got halfway through restoring before getting distracted. Really must finish it.

I've got two vintage ones and am getting a third out of curiosity.... got a 20's Slingerland and an early 1940's Dallas D. I think I've just bought a vintage Keech - we'll see when it comes. I don't prefer them to wooden ukes, it's just a different sound and playing style altogether, and I love both. When the banjolele bug bites, it bites.....

Just like for wood top ukes- one of each scale length, tuning and color permutation shoul be plenty.

Just have a 1920s Stella and a 2010s Firefly.

So far.

-Kurt​

I have four........or five.
My favorite is an 8" skin head birds eye maple with a closed back. Very similar to a Clarophone, but no name.
An old Stella, a Werco which has a metal neck like a Dixie but a wooden rim, and a Lyon & Healy mandolin banjo that is converted to banjo uke.
The fifth one is a Carnival plastic minstrel model that is more of a wall hanger than an instrument.

Bill

I have six- five vintage. Always looking for a nice mando banjo, or the 6" Maybell with a resonator pot.

I've passed the background check, and now I'm just waiting for Magic Fluke to offer its Firefly in a concert scale.

I have two - a Firefly and a Barry Sholder tenor gourd banjo uke. I have just realized the shocking omission in my uke family, so I will now review the thread on resisting UAS.

Last edited:
circa 1930 supertone made by lange with resonator and a bruno and sons maxitone with brass pot and resonator that i restored myself. Considering selling the maxitone but I've grown fond of it.

20s Schoenhut soprano and a concert banjo uke I just recently built.

Technically, I have two currently. One is just for parts and isn't playable. The other is an old bird's eye maple Slingerland (maybe 1920ish?). It's one of those Slingerlands that has no model number on it....would love to know more about it, but the internets are failing me.

I'd love to pick up a baby Gibson UB-1. Had a chance to score one a few months ago, but it was in rough shape and asking price was too much considering the condition.

I will also be adding to the banjo uke collection when someone decides to make a sopranino banjo uke.

Ooh Noo! I've been blindly going along all this time unlicensed!?
I've got four, currently two are playable and two are awaiting repair/restoration. All are 20's/30's vintage, the two playable are a mid 20's NuWay, and an unknown maker beautiful maple enclosed back. One of the two in need of repair is a maple butcherblock with a wood resonator and torn head, and the last is another unknown maker that's missing a couple of J hooks and tuners. This thread has reminded me I need to get back to work on the last two.

I've got three - An old 1930's Avalon, a 1950's Maccaferri (plastic) and a John Grey & Sons. Would certainly buy other vintage banjo ukes if I came across them (but I'm trying to get my UAS under control lol!)

Top Bottom