Seasons End of the Year EXTRAVAGANZA!

austin1

Reaction score
HOLY G CHORD BATMAN, we're made it through one whole year of the Seasons of the Uke!

To celebrate our collective amazingness, we're having a Seasons End of the Year EXTRAVAGANZA in all capital letters and picking our favorite Seasons entries in ten categories. They are:

(In the People category)
Aloha Winner of the Year
Most Improved Player
Most Excellent Host
Seasonista You'd Most Like To Enter The Seasons With
Style Award

(In the Videos category)
Best Overall Performance
Best Duet/Group
Best Original Song
Funniest Video
People's Choice Video of the Year

FAQ

How does it work?
Copy and paste the above ballot into a PM, add your choices for the winner in each category (preferably with a link to the videos, that would be awesome). That is correct, you can vote for multiple people/videos in each category--everyone you thing deserves recognition! Then send your completed ballot to me, I'll tally up the votes and then publish them in their own thread.

Will you lie?
Nope.

Are there prizes for each category?
I'll be putting my super certificate powers to work, but if anyone wants to offer prizes, go for it.

What is the Aloha Winner of the Year?
That's the category for whomever you think has done the best job of spreading seasons love, joy, positivity, and encouragement to all.

Do bonus videos count in the People's Choice Video of the Year?
Yes. Anything goes in that category.

Can I vote for the same person/video in multiple categories?
Yep!

Do I have to vote in every single category?
No. If you've only got favorites for some of the categories, just vote in those.

Can I vote for myself?
Let's try and avoid that.

Have you cleared out your inbox?
COMPLETELY.

When is the deadline?
The deadline is one week from today, so Thursday, Feb. 21st

Questions or comments? Hit me up in the thread below! And...vote! Vote vote vote!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you guys for celebrating the end of the seasons with me. Here's to another year for all-around awesomeness.

Last edited:
Please also tell Tina if you've posted entries in most or all of the weeks. Anyone who's posted in 45 weeks or more should get some applause.

Ah, this looks fun. One question/suggestion: May we please vote for more than one Seasonista for each category?

That way we don't have to choose just one favorite in each category, and we'll get much more information from each voter about which Seasonistas and videos deserve recognition. (This is the way the Mathematical Association of America votes, so trust me, it's fair.)

Ah, this looks fun. One question/suggestion: May we please vote for more than one Seasonista for each category?

That way we don't have to choose just one favorite in each category, and we'll get much more information from each voter about which Seasonistas and videos deserve recognition. (This is the way the Mathematical Association of America votes, so trust me, it's fair.)

Executive decision: yes.

This is awesome! I've been traveling for several weeks and have only been checking in sporadically, and I just had some time to catch up. And look what I find! Tina, you do so much more than push paper...you turn it into CERTIFICATES! Thanks for running with this.

Now I have to find a way to cast votes for Filipinouker's guinea pig and Rex's sock monkey.

I've just sent Tina my ballot, and I'm announcing it here so the thread will be bumped. We need LOTS of Seasonistas voting!!

what Ginny said! In a few categories there are clear leaders at the moment, but in the majority of them...we have two-, three-, and four-way ties. Please vote with ALL your favorites!

We'll have a look tonight and send our vote. Great initiative Tina!

organizing the end of the year extravaganza is like playing that racehorse carnival game where you have a water gun and you have to aim it at the target so your horse moves forward. I'm sitting here, watching the horses move forward, and going GO HORSES GO HORSES GO HORSES GO. Except in super, super slow motion. So it's more like

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

What I'm trying to say is vote. Also, I love you.

Top Bottom