Banjo Uke Native New Zealand Timbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPO

Reaction score
Made in 99% New Zealand timbers. Body is a block construction using Rimu. Neck is a laminate of Rimu and Rata. Fretboard is Rata with Sycamore position markers. Headstock and heel cap are Sycamore, end cap is alternating segments of Rata and Sycamore. Body hardware is Canadian from Rickard Banjos and is top quality. Tension hoop is hand made in Czechoslovakia. Long neck concert scale.
I realize that as a relative unknown I can not achieve the prices of others, accordingly I have priced this at $600.00 plus shipping. Will ship to most international destinations.

Attachments

• BU1.jpg
    BU1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 119
  • BU2.jpg
    BU2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 80
  • BU6.jpg
    BU6.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 101
  • BU8.jpg
    BU8.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 87
  • BU10.jpg
    BU10.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 94
That's gorgeous. I had never heard of Rimu or Rata. Very nice. Good luck with them.

Thanks, the Rimu is a really nice timber and the Rata is really hard on tools. they don't call it ironwood for nothing :D

OK I need this sold to finance the next build so if anyone is interested feel free to PM me with an offer.
Regards
Dennis

That is so stunningly gorgeous...what is the exact scale length?
I"m afraid the shipping cost will prohibit me from making an offer. Having said that, how much to ship it to New Jersey zip code 08012 in the USA?
Beautiful job, Richard!

That is so stunningly gorgeous...what is the exact scale length?
I"m afraid the shipping cost will prohibit me from making an offer. Having said that, how much to ship it to New Jersey zip code 08012 in the USA?
Beautiful job, Richard!

Hi Richard, scale length is 14 3/4 inches. Pay the asking price and I will ship for free. (About $75 -80 US)

OK I have a sound sample of the uke, however I can't work out how to add it here. Can anyone help?
Regards
Dennis

I'm a beginner player, so please excuse if this is a stupid question, but are they geared or friction tuners?

Thanks, unfortunately I don't have a sound sample, but I obviously need to learn how to create one. Not that my playing is up to much :(

I'd love to hear a sound sample too :) . Do you have a video camera? It's easy to upload videos onto youtube :) .

I'm a beginner player, so please excuse if this is a stupid question, but are they geared or friction tuners?

I'd love to hear a sound sample too :) . Do you have a video camera? It's easy to upload videos onto youtube :) .

Hi Emma, they are friction tuners, but they hold very well.
I don't have a video camera, but I'm sure someone will come along with advise on how to post the sound file.
Thanks for your interest.
Dennis

Hi Emma, they are friction tuners, but they hold very well.
I don't have a video camera, but I'm sure someone will come along with advise on how to post the sound file.
Thanks for your interest.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis :)

www.mediafire.com should work fine for just uploading the audio. Or if you have an account on youtube you can make a photo slideshow with audio, by adding the photos of your banjo uke and adding the sound file.

This page explains how to make the photo slideshow:
http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1696878

Thanks to all the members who PM'd me with offers.
The Banjo Uke is now sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom