"Freight Train"

Wowe!@ You don;t do too many straight instrumentals, Jon. That's awesome! You have a facility with the strings that makes it SWING! Lemme go listen to that one Again!

Sa-weet! Love that song...and the way you've interpreted it there.

Thank you is just brilliant Jon! Is there any way a guy can request some tab?

Awesome playing, and effortless. I second the request for the tabs if you've got em.

thankyou all.

smellof strings - it's easier on folks' eyes

pakhan/canoe lady - i will scan for you and email

Super job. That was one of the first songs I learned to sing as a kidlet (from one of the later releases, not the original!)

I too would love a copy if you are so inclined

Thanks and keep 'em comin

Awesome job! Sounded a bit like Chet Atkins, Lenny Breau, and Wes Montgomery all rolled into one!

Jon,
I enjoyed that so much. Tried to view it full screen to see what you're doing but I'm too beginner and you're too fast . It looked like you played Bb in the 2nd position and then later in first position putting down one finger at a time? Before Thanksgiving we were on a cruise and one of the entertainers, Trevor Knight taught us Freight Train -- a tune I've always wanted to play. He even showed us how to play picking rather than strumming and I was soooo impressed with myself. Now that I've heard your version, I'm not so impressed. Thank you for sharing with us.

Last edited:
thanks Jim, Steedy, Shirley and Geoff.

Jim, will send it along when I do the other two, thanks. probably later this week

Jon, no hurries my friend. Especially in light of how angry the computer gods are with you these days.

I have a bunch of your song PDFs I you need them.

Certainly very nice playing. However, Elizabeth Cotton, known for her steady bass line and relatively simple finger picking, is probably wondering if it's the same tune.

Jon -

Great version of this one....as usual! Can I also get your tab for this?

Thanks bruddah!

paul

Jim, I have those still, but thanks mate.

Greg, I don't doubt you're right!

Paul, gotcha

Top Bottom