Short Neck Tenors??

Katz-in-Boots

Reaction score
Do they exist? I read a lot here about people have long neck Sopranos, and I suppose the advantages are more range & wider spaces between frets.

I bought a tenor first then switched to concert because the stretch between frets was an issue. I liked the big sound of my tenor though. The point is probably moot since I have a Kanilea K1C coming, but I just wondered whether anyone has a tenor body uke with the shorter, concert scale?

Well, the thing is the sizes "soprano, concert, tenor" doesn't really dictate body size. It's more to do with the scale length of the neck (but even then, there is some variation).
There's no specifications of how big a soprano, concert or tenor body has to be, and each brand has different sized ukes, despite being called the same size.

My Eleuke limited Cigar Box uke has a body size that's the same as most tenors, but has a concert neck.
The "tenor" version of it uses the exact same body, but just a tenor neck.

I think kamoa ukuleles have a size called "grand concert", it has a bigger body with a concert neck. It might or might not be as big as tenor body but it's atleast bigger than standard concert bodies.

Top Bottom