Uke Strings from the Uke Store

Jack

Reaction score
My tenor strings just came in the mail today. I bought them from the ukeunderground store on this site. They are okay, but when fully tightened to the right tune, they weren't very strong, but flimsy. I may just go on to metal strings, being that they make a very clear sound and are much stronger. I still like the ukestrings that i bought, they're just not for me.

edit: there ok now. just need some getting used to.

Last edited:
My tenor strings just came in the mail today. I bought them from the ukeunderground store on this site. They are okay, but when fully tightened to the right tune, they weren't very strong, but flimsy. I may just go on to metal strings, being that they make a very clear sound and are much stronger. I still like the ukestrings that i bought, they're just not for me.

Your instrument was likely not built for the higher tension that steel strings require.

Make sure you put on some goggles and a hard hat when those steel strings achieve the correct tension on your uke. That way you'll be protected when top folds up like a cheap lawn chair and sends shards through the air. ;)

First off, what kind of 'ukulele do you have? What tone/sound are you wanting? I've used D'Addario J-71's on my instruments as well as other brand names and they don't feel flimsy at all. As stated above, there's not too many ukes that can take a steel string.

fixed it
i guess it just need a while to get used to the ukulele.

Top Bottom