New Uke Day - Kanile'a premium concert!

LutzSpearo

Reaction score
Well, we arrived in Florida last night from South Korea after travelling for 24 hours, and the whole flight I was thinking about my new uke that waited for me. After dinner I opened the package to behold this lovely instrument. It is absolutely gorgeous, prettier than I imagined or expected! It sounds wonderful and plays so easily, a much appreciated improvement over my Kala concert. It really is a joy to play, and it feels good to own such a high quality instrument. The gloss finish looks amazing, and really makes the wood pop. The grain, colors and curl of the koa are gorgeous, it looks like it is 3 dimensional as the curl changed in appearance with just the slightest change in viewing angle. Overall, this ukulele is everything I was hoping for and more. I am really stoked that I made the decision to make such a big purchase (and that my wife approved lol), and its really cool to know that I own this baby and can pick it up and play it whenever I want to, forever! When I dig the camera out of the suitcase I'll take some photos of my own, for now here's a few photos the guys at Hawaii Music Supply sent to me.

IMG_1253_zpsaa2b5718.jpg

IMG_1250_zps502f50a1.jpg

IMG_1251_zpsfefbfe55.jpg

IMG_1255_zps3ca0968c.jpg

Gunna go play it again right now : )

wow that's ......... incredible. i'm more of a tenor guy, but the looks on that are stunning. post a video and share how it sounds!

Wow, that's a beauty. I would never have made it through dinner before opening the package...of course then I probably wouldn't have made it to dinner after opening the package...

Hmmm, having made a couple of those 24 hour flights in the past...yeah, maybe I would have been able to wait until after dinner...

Wow! That koa is luscious!!!

Kanile'a: always a superb choice. Even better with such a sweet premium package! Congratulations!

Congrats, what a beautiful instrument! I bet it plays and sounds as good as it looks too! :drool:

Glad your flight went well and your gorgeous new ukulele was there waiting for you!

whew...that was a long flight...wow congrats on your new kanilea...it looks awesome....Happy Strummings..

Like everyone else said...stunning! Congrats on that baby!

Kanilea seems to have some of the most beautiful koa available!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

I remember being stationed in Seoul South Korea in 2001. Those long 17 hour flights from Chicago to Tokyo then on to Inchon seemed to go on FOREVER.

That is a stunning instrument. I can only imagine that it sounds every bit as good as it looks.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I finally took a couple photos of my own. I'm no photographer, but I tried. My wife looked at me like I was crazy, walking around the backyard arranging my ukulele in different poses.

DSC_0744_zps0926f3f2.jpg

DSC_0745_zps754d3071.jpg

DSC_0749_zpse4773b4a.jpg

I've changed the Aquilas out for Worth Clears, and changed the plastic bridge pins for rosewood pins with mother of pearl dots.

Top Bottom