New Uke Day! First Soprano!!!!

Kyle23

Reaction score
I got my first soprano today! Let me just say, I played it for about 20 minutes, picked up my concert and it felt HUGE. I haven't really found any problems switching over to a smaller size, I kept putting my fingers in the wrong spots for a little, but it's so much easier to switch chords imo. But anyways, before I ordered this I read a couple reviews and it looked pretty good, and also seeing as I'm buying it used it was marked down pretty far. After I ordered it, I was told that it's a terrible uke and all of this unflattering talk about it. This made me kind of unexcited to get it, which is not like me at all. So it came in today, and it was only marked as used because it had some "surface marks" and I don't see any so it's as good as new. The sound isn't as good as my Luna, but I'm pretty happy with it. I guess it's all just preference. It sounds good to me and the gloss finish just tops it off. Here she is

Next to my concert
k2ef6q.jpg

k324y8.jpg

It's a Koloa all solid Mahogany Soprano KU-600.

Thanks for looking.

Looks great! Welcome to the ranks of the soprano aficionados! Don't let the Luna get lonely.

Congrats on the new uke Kyle. I'm sure you'll grow to love it. Mahogany sounds different than cedar, concerts sound different than sopranos, and some time it takes a little time/playing for solid tops to really start to sing. Different strings will also change the tone. Do you know what type came with it?

Have fun and enjoy

Thanks Kathryn!

And appreciate it, thanks for the info, and I'm hoping for it to open up a little. Also it came with D'Addario strings.

Thanks guys. The only bad thing is, it didn't come with a case... Not sure what to do about that. I might just buy a wall hanger thing because it's cheaper.

Congratulations~ what a beauty!

Anyone have any idea of what I should do with this while I'm not playing it? No case no wall mount or anything. I can't think of anything lol

Anyone have any idea of what I should do with this while I'm not playing it? No case no wall mount or anything. I can't think of anything lol

It's simple, just don't put it down and keep playing! :D

However if there are kids or dogs or cats in the house, even a simple gig bag offers a bit of protection from "accidents" roaming through the house.

You could keep it up on a bookshelf. Alternatively, I've seen some pics people have posted of their ukes hanging on a wall, where it looks like they just nailed a loop of fishing string to the wall, you could do that with anything... twine, kite string, old uke string, etc.

For gawd's sake, just don't set it down on a chair or sofa!

You could keep it up on a bookshelf. Alternatively, I've seen some pics people have posted of their ukes hanging on a wall, where it looks like they just nailed a loop of fishing string to the wall, you could do that with anything... twine, kite string, old uke string, etc.

I did just this. I tacked up an old string and hung it from the tuners on the back. Looks pretty good!

And funny you should say that Nicko, I left it on my chair when I went to bed and I woke up and my nephew was jamming away on it hahaha. Bad idea.

I did just this. I tacked up an old string and hung it from the tuners on the back. Looks pretty good!

And funny you should say that Nicko, I left it on my chair when I went to bed and I woke up and my nephew was jamming away on it hahaha. Bad idea.

At least no one sat on it ... which is the BEST reason not to leave it on a seat somewhere.

Two great looking ukes you got there! *Pretending not to be jealous*
It looks like a real solid uke, I don't see why it will have bad reviews... I guess people just like to complain!

At least no one sat on it ... which is the BEST reason not to leave it on a seat somewhere.

oh dear, i leave mine on the couch all the time :uhoh: i will stop that today.

and hooray for sopranos!!!! (i love your luna btw)

It's really cute. I am sure you will grow to love it. Don't let negative comments get you down.

Aloha Kyle,
congrats on your new Koloa soprano...it looks awesome...I want one too now..happy strummings...

Been wondering. It looks very nice. I'm so glad you're happy.

Top Bottom