PDA

View Full Version : Resisted UAS!!!

river_driver
02-16-2013, 11:18 AM
You read the thread title, I successfully resisted UAS today! Had the concert* banjo-uke in my hands - and I managed to leave the store without it!

Post your small victories here.

*(If it had been a soprano, this would be a very different post.)

DaleR
02-16-2013, 11:23 AM
I escaped buying the Kamoa E Bass, but subbed another instrument for it....:rolleyes:

TG&Y
02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Is the store open on Sundays?

You read the thread title, I successfully resisted UAS today! Had the concert* banjo-uke in my hands - and I managed to leave the store without it!

Raygf
02-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Resistance is futile. I just bought the purple Kamoa 700T in the marketplace. I've named it "Purple Trouble" and will hope for the best.

myrnaukelele
02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
I resisted bidding on a beautiful Kamaka gold label on Ebay yesterday (and i SO want one...)

mds725
02-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Congratulations on UAS resistance! I had a similar experience; I came very close to buying a Firefly Magic Fluke banjolele, but it's a soprano scale and I would prefer a concert scale banjolele, which magic Fluke doesn't make. I ugess it was a good thing I wasn't in the store river_driver's was in.

ukemunga
02-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Face it... all you're doing is postponing the inevitable.

ksiegel
02-16-2013, 12:11 PM

So when will the soprano you ordered be getting in?

haole
02-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Price increases that become effective before I can scrounge up enough for the down payment do a pretty good job of keeping my UAS at a minimum. Or at least now I'm setting my sights a lot lower!

OldePhart
02-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Retitle this thread "UAS delayed" and I'll be less skeptical...

John

kvehe
02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
I succumbed this morning, but I only bought one. Does that count? :)

anthonyg
02-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I keep torturing myself by watching numerous listings on eBay. I haven't bought one since before Christmas. Does that count?

Anthony

TG&Y
02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
My first Mainland arrives Monday. :/

Patrick Madsen
02-16-2013, 02:35 PM
ARRRGGHH! I succumbed and put a bid in on a Favilla Baritone last night. I'm sure my top bid is going ot end up the winner but I'm getting that "Why did I do that" remorse right now.

kvehe
02-16-2013, 04:29 PM
ARRRGGHH! I succumbed and put a bid in on a Favilla Baritone last night. I'm sure my top bid is going ot end up the winner but I'm getting that "Why did I do that" remorse right now.

Would you like me to help you out and outbid you? LOL.

ScooterD35
02-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Congratulations on UAS resistance! I had a similar experience; I came very close to buying a Firefly Magic Fluke banjolele, but it's a soprano scale and I would prefer a concert scale banjolele, which magic Fluke doesn't make. I ugess it was a good thing I wasn't in the store river_driver's was in.

Ummm... They just introduced the Concert neck FireFly at NAMM. It will be in stores soon.

Scooter

Macmuse
02-16-2013, 05:24 PM

I succumbed yesterday AND today - sigh

Patrick Madsen
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Would you like me to help you out and outbid you? LOL.

When she finds out, I'm sure my wife would love you to Kathryn lol.

Katz-in-Boots
02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
I've managed to avoid looking at the UU Marketplace or HMS for 2 days since buying my K1 C. Does that count?
(we just won't talk about the fact I'm still watching 3 ebay listings)

Hippie Dribble
02-16-2013, 08:47 PM
congrats on staying strong! Alas, no small victories to report here...just a litany of heavy defeats :p

mds725
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM

What did you buy? :)

Ummm... They just introduced the Concert neck FireFly at NAMM. It will be in stores soon.

Scooter

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=48969&d=1361089034

kvehe
02-16-2013, 10:48 PM
(1) A Favilla teardrop.

(2) Save one for me.

ScooterD35
02-17-2013, 04:08 AM
Sadly, I already have a soprano FireFly that I will likely have to sell to finance a concert FireFly.

Resistance is futile... we can only postpone the inevitable.

Scooter

roxhum
02-17-2013, 04:18 AM
I am resisting the Honulele long neck soprano Mike has at UkeRepublic and I didn't buy this sweet uke I saw last month on the Flea Marketplcace. Having an empty bank account helps, alot....

river_driver
02-17-2013, 08:01 AM
I guess I should say I controlled UAS... I'm saving for a resonator!

Question: my kid has taken an interest, and grabs one of my ukes several times a day to pick and strum. If I buy HIM a new uke, it doesn't really count for my UAS, does it? :rolleyes:

ScooterD35
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM
I guess I should say I controlled UAS... I'm saving for a resonator!

Question: my kid has taken an interest, and grabs one of my ukes several times a day to pick and strum. If I buy HIM a new uke, it doesn't really count for my UAS, does it? :rolleyes:

It doesn't count for yours, but it does make you financially responsible for the kid's UAS until he graduates from college or turns 21.

Scooter

kvehe
02-17-2013, 08:21 AM
No, I don't believe it does :D. You may have to be quarantined, though, if there's any danger of passing the disease to more people (such as your offspring).

myrnaukelele
02-17-2013, 08:21 AM

You will NEVER regret winning that Favilla baritone- I have two and they are favorites of mine. I love the way they sound. Good luck - hope you win it!

Tuko
02-18-2013, 11:17 AM
I just walked away from an Epiphone Les Paul uke...

OldePhart
02-18-2013, 12:14 PM

So, the only Favilla baritone I saw on eBay right now just closed - did you win it? Looks like a couple of snipers came in at the end but the winning bid was from earlier this morning.

I didn't bid because it was already going for more than I was willing to spend on an old uke without being able to touchy feely first.

John

Patrick Madsen
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
So, the only Favilla baritone I saw on eBay right now just closed - did you win it? Looks like a couple of snipers came in at the end but the winning bid was from earlier this morning.

John

Yep, I won it by a dollar. I originally put in a top bid of 262.00 and this morning raised it to 266.00. Looks in really good condition compared to a few of the others I was checking out.

I've got my Martin bari in Bb tuning so may put this one in G tuning or visa versa.

It's coming from Fredricksburg, W. Virginia; I live in Washington State. Is there any special precautions I should take to climatize it?

wendellfiddler
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Yep, I won it by a dollar. I originally put in a top bid of 262.00 and this morning raised it to 266.00. Looks in really good condition compared to a few of the others I was checking out.

I've got my Martin bari in Bb tuning so may put this one in G tuning or visa versa.

It's coming from Fredricksburg, W. Virginia; I live in Washington State. Is there any special precautions I should take to climatize it?

Isn't it just moving from one damp place to another?