wHATS UP WITH ELDERLY INSTURMENTS ???

ancient

Reaction score
Whats UP WITH ELDERLY INSTRUMENTS ????

Has anyone had any trouble with orders from Elderly Instruments?
I have two orders that were filled incorrectly (wrong item). And one order that went to someone in another state. They were kind enough to contact me about it.

Last edited:
I've bought 2 instruments from Elderly over the years (my '77 Fender Jazz Bass and my Style 2 Martin uke), as well as strings, books, dvds, etc. I've never had anything but great service from them.

I have had no problem until about 8 months ago. I ordered two uke cases and got one uke case and a bongo or congo stand. Then ordered some strings and they sent the wrong ones. I just ordered a uke case this week and they sent it to someone in another state. The guy opened the box,found my phone number on the invoice and called me. He is waiting on some bridge pins that he ordered from them. Wonder where they went??

Has anyone had any trouble with orders from Elderly Instruments?
I have two orders that were filled incorrectly (wrong item). And one order that went to someone in another state. They were kind enough to contact me about it.

Every once in while they make a mistake on an order of mine. (I'm not perfect, don't expect they are either.)

Email them with an order problem and in about a day it is resolved.

I've never had a problem with Elderly, but have not bought a ton of stuff from them. I Recently bought an Ameritage case from them. On time,as promised.

I've heard several similar complaints coming from a few guitar friends over the last year or so - however, in each case they said Elderly was pretty quick to fix the problem after an email. Probably a bit of growing pains...it can happen to any business. (Oh, and in case you're feeling superior, check out the capitalization of your thread title... LOL)

John

John,
Sounds like you are the one feeling superior.

My experiences with Elderly have been hit and miss over the years. Most of the time, things went okay, but I fondly recall having a guitar shipped to me and the extent of their "packing" was just sticking the guitar (in its case) in the box. No padding, nothing securing the guitar. The guitar just bounced around loose in the box. I couldn't believe it. Fortunately, the guitar survived the trip.

I ordered ten sets of various string sets two months ago. Three full sets were missing in the order box! Elderly shipped them out one phone call and one day later.

Hey never made a mistake on at least half a dozen orders for me before that.

I received an order from them yesterday and anther today. Both were exactly what I ordered and well packed. One package was a new uke and I couldn't have asked for it to be packed any better. They even put new strings on it before it shipped. I couldn't be happier. :D

I have ordered from Elderly for years with no problems. Like I said just in the last few months things have been a little crazy on the orders. I am sure they will track down the problem soon.

I purchased two sets of Worth Clears last month, but received Worth Browns instead. They let me keep the Worth Browns, and I received the correct strings 48 hours after notifying them of the mistake. I've also purchased a case humidifier from Elderly with no problems with my order. Everyone makes mistakes now and then, kudos to Elderly for owning the mistake and making it right (in my case, anyway).

I ordered my aNueNue from them in late December and received it, packed very well, actually earlier than anticipated, and the setup was perfect. So although that's only one order, all was just fine.

My eight or ten orders from them have been perfect. I bought a tuner once, did not like it, and they took it back and issued a credit. But that was not really their fault. It wasn't defective I just hated it (it only tuned the 4 uke notes (gCEA), no other notes.

never a problem and personal attention very good - free hard case with a uke that doesn't come with one, for example. When I wanted a case for my Loprinzi they test-fitted their own uke of the same model to check the fit.

I've ordered a couple times from Elderly in the past 6 months or so. Both times the order was correct and shipping was quick. Everyone makes mistakes. In my book, it's how you deal with the mistakes that you've made that really matters. Sounds like everyone has positive things to say about how Elderly is dealing with them. Three incidents in a short period of time is pretty strange though. Maybe just bad luck?

Top Bottom