Season 53 of the Ukulele - Second Chance to Bring Home the Bacon!

I'm going to do Season 16 (Pre-1950 folk music from the British Isles). In the original rules, well, ABOVE the rules, it said, "No Pub songs or Bawdy double speak, as my children will be helping to judge these videos". I hope this doesn't still apply, because technically my song does allude to a woman having a child out of wedlock. Is this going to be okay?

Please let me know!

CountryMouse

Season 53 of the Ukulele – Second Chance to Bring Home the Bacon

So, here's the idea – pick any season from one through fifty-two, that you did not enter

What a great idea!!! There have been seasons I deliberately avoided (due to cowardly feelings of fear & trepidation :D ) and have regretted doing so. This season is a chance to really try & come out of our comfort zones... Hmmmmm.... perhaps I'll have a go at beating up my uke (austin1's percussion week)!

Cool, liking this seasons options. I bought my first Uke on summer hols in August, so loads of weeks to pick from.

Have also this afternoon bought my first Tenor with just 4 strings a zebra wood Lanikai via eBay, will be picking it up on route home tomorrow night... It will be featured this week for sure ;-)

EXCITED :)

Now which week to select, hmmmm...

BB

I'll be posting my first ever seasons entry soon, although I'm still a new ukulele player and I can't sing - I'm gonna try! :)
And it's gonna be filmed on my iPhone, hopefully the quality will be okay :/

Last edited:
Hi Liam! Here, give me your hand and I'll help you jump in. It's more fun than you think—and there's no downside at all!

What does Fsus7 mean to you?

This is great now I can start easily with a U2 song as season 6 was about Irish Songs ;). This is one of my favorite ones called Stuck in a Moment, and remember this if you are Stuck in a moment: It's just a moment this time will pass.
Love the song - and you made a nice job of it! Good one..... and a great start to this week's Season! :)

Great minds think alike! The 10th Season is the only one I missed (Shakespeare/Earth week). So this afternoon I recorded a song for the 10th Season. I was going to ask mattydee to post it as a bonus for that week (even though we didn't really start posting bonuses until the 17th or 18th Season). I'll post it as a bonus here instead since I recorded it before this thread was posted and thus it does not say Season 53.
And I do think there are a couple Seasonistas who did not miss a single Season (OnlyUkeThatMatters and sillydave? anybody else?)
I love this take on that song! Beautifully delivered, Myrna - as ever!

Any suggestions y'all might have knowing my (limited) talents and preferences? Any requests?

YES!! How about Hooligan by KISS for the 17th Season, All Creatures Great And Small? ("My mama, she said I was a black sheep"). Or Hotter Than Hell by KISS for Season 20, Heaven & Hell week. Or Coming Home by KISS for Season 23, Home Sweet Home week. Or See You In Your Dreams by KISS for Season 26, Dreams week. Or 100,000 Years by KISS for Season 29, Numbers week.

I have missed more than one, but only one in which I worked on the song day and night. I played it a billion times and never got it right...
So it sat.
I think most would agree that it was best that it faded away into obscurity as we trudged on...but I was happy to see I could try it again.
I did- I played it fifteen times, and finally decided that winning was the least of my worries.
At least laugh- it will make me feel better.
oh nice one! And that banjo-uke sounds just great!

Hi Liam! Here, give me your hand and I'll help you jump in. It's more fun than you think—and there's no downside at all!

What does Fsus7 mean to you?

Hello :)
It's uploading to youtube now!! Nervous..
I don't want to post what season it's from, as I like for it to be a surprise when you watch it.. But don't worry, you'll know what season immediately!! :)

Fsus7 was my favourite chord when I signed up to UU..

My entry for Eugene's Woody Week Season seven -
oh hang on -
My entry to OldePhart's Second Chance to Bring Home the Bacon Season 53.
My Peace - words by Woody - melody by Arlo
Lovely song, lovely singing - and I love that strumming! Altogether - great.

Hello :)
It's uploading to youtube now!! Nervous..
I don't want to post what season it's from, as I like for it to be a surprise when you watch it.. But don't worry, you'll know what season immediately!! :)

Fsus7 was my favourite chord when I signed up to UU..
This is exciting! :D

Okay, hopefully this link works..
http://m.youtube.com/user/liamplaystheuke?feature=guide#/watch?v=vuhTRA594fs&feature=plcp

Having never participated before I had all the weeks to choose from, and it was an easy decision.
I picked the week that I know I'd of been most excited about had I been around back then.
Now, I hope this video is okay - after all it was filmed on a phone!
I cannot sing, an unfortunately for you I do try to on this video. I also nervously step from side to side throughout the whole ordeal.
Without giving too much away - this band is treasured by many so I hope I don't offend anyone with this cover!! Apologies if I have..

I'm going to do Season 16 (Pre-1950 folk music from the British Isles). In the original rules, well, ABOVE the rules, it said, "No Pub songs or Bawdy double speak, as my children will be helping to judge these videos". I hope this doesn't still apply, because technically my song does allude to a woman having a child out of wedlock. Is this going to be okay?

Please let me know!

CountryMouse

I guess we can let that slide as long as you're not dropping f-bombs! :)

Having never participated before I had all the weeks to choose from, and it was an easy decision. I picked the week that I know I'd of been most excited about had I been around back then.
Now, I hope this video is okay - after all it was filmed on a phone!
I cannot sing, an unfortunately for you I do try to on this video. I also nervously step from side to side throughout the whole ordeal..

Yay, Liam! Yes, your singing works. Yes, the video is okay. Yes, it's fine that you step back and forth. Yes, I really did enjoy the show!

You must do more for us, and the next time, we hope, will not be an "ordeal," but more of a try-out among friends. Keep that video—you'll enjoy looking back on it as you play through future weeks. And—now that you've posted, you can join the Seasonistas group under Community!

Ok this is a bonus I prepared earlier for something called Concour de Uke (a monthly Seasons like event on our dutch forum) the topic of this month is that of season 24 guilty pleasures. This is my take on I was made for loving you by Kiss. Oh and yes the intro is in Dutch saying something about the Concour of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom