Song Help Request The Daily Ukulele (Beloff) Searchable Sortable List

stmace

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
In "The Daily Ukulele" by Jim Beloff, I found that I wanted to be able to search songs by # of chords and key. I have attached a Zipped Excel spreadsheet that contains four columns (i.e., Title, # of Chords, Key, Page). Please use it, and even add to it further search/sort columns that may be helpful.

If the Excel Auto Filters do not come through when unzipped, highlight Row 1, go to Data, and click Filter.

Attachments

• DailyUkuleleList.xls.zip
    25.8 KB · Views: 68
Wow, this is great!! Just what I needed, right when I needed it. I am about to choose some songs for a beginning Uke workshop at my local YMCA this Wednesday, and this will help me find the easy ones! Many Thanks!!!

–Lori

Lori, You are welcome. As you can guess, I am teaching a class similar to the one you will teach, and this will work better than colored post-it tabs.

Thank you! I just got this book and wished there was a way to search by # of chords.

In "The Daily Ukulele" by Jim Beloff, I found that I wanted to be able to search songs by # of chords and key. I have attached a Zipped Excel spreadsheet that contains four columns (i.e., Title, # of Chords, Key, Page). Please use it, and even add to it further search/sort columns that may be helpful.

If the Excel Auto Filters do not come through when unzipped, highlight Row 1, go to Data, and click Filter.

This sounds like a great idea! I'm going to have to admit to the level of my computer ignorance, though. When I clicked on the link, I was asked whether I wanted to open the file or run it. What is the appropriate thing to do, given that I want to have it available for future reference? Yes, it's true. I'm THAT techno-stupid....

This sounds like a great idea! I'm going to have to admit to the level of my computer ignorance, though. When I clicked on the link, I was asked whether I wanted to open the file or run it. What is the appropriate thing to do, given that I want to have it available for future reference? Yes, it's true. I'm THAT techno-stupid....

I would right click on the link and click save as and then choose where you'd like it to go. Sometimes desktop is easiest. It's a zip file so you'll need to then right click on the file you downloaded and select extract all (on a mac I think you double click to extract if you are on OS X - if on an older version you might need to use stuffit expander). Then you'll have your spreadsheet and can save and sort as you like.

Top Bottom