FS - Kamaka HF-1L Longneck Soprano w/ Oasis Humidifier - Near Mint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD! - Kamaka HF-1L Longneck Soprano w/ Oasis Humidifier - Near Mint!

THIS UKE HAS BEEN SOLD! Greetings, and thanks for looking at my listing. I have for sale a near mint condition Kamaka HF-1L longneck soprano ukulele.

Technical
Soprano body size, concert scale neck. Solid koa construction, rosewood fret board and bridge. Kamaka (Schaller) friction tuners work great and hold tight. Currently strung with Worth Clear mediums, the uke sounds very clear and warm. Deluxe archtop Kamaka case and Oasis Uke Humidifier (nearly new) is included in the sale. The case is very nice and fits the uke like a glove. Also included are the original tags, warranty card, and purchase receipt from Gryphon Stringed Instruments. Everything is in excellent condition, and it could still likely pass for new.

History
The uke has a build stamp of December 15, 2011 and was originally purchased from Gryphon Strings in March of 2012. The original owner did not play it, and it was sold to me in new condition with tags and everything. In my hands, it has seen very minimal playing as well. I had just purchased it about a week prior to being notified that my custom Collings had been completed. Shortly after, it became clear that I would likely have to sell the Kamaka, so I've only played it a few times, and taken it out to keep it tuned and to refill the Oasis humidifier. It's really a beautiful little soprano, with terrific grain pattern. The concert neck makes for more comfortable playing, and might add a little fullness to the sound with the longer string length too.

Business
The HF-1L's retail for $945, and I paid about $20 for the humidifier from Elderly, so this is roughly a $965 set-up before tax or shipping. What's more, is that most of them likely don't have this nice of grain on them. I am asking $795, and that will include paypal fees and CONUS shipping. I will box it up extremely well, and make sure it has plenty of padding. Please feel free to PM me with any questions or comments. Thanks again for looking!

-Steve

Kamaka Top in case.jpgKamaka Back in case.jpgKamaka Side 2 in case.jpgKamaka Headstock in case.jpgKamaka Label.jpg

Last edited:
More photos. First shows serial number, then sign for UU selling compliance, then the archtop case. The last two images were taken without flash, since camera flash can usually over-dramatize the grain curl. The grain is very nice though, and it looks great in any light. The last photo, showing the back, has some glare from a couple light bulbs overhead, but it serves to show the open grain gloss finish that Kamaka uses.

Kamaka Serial.jpgKamaka Archtop Case w Oasis.jpgKamaka UU Sign.jpgKamaka Top no flash.jpgKamaka Back no flash.jpg

One more bump.... Decided to hold off on ebay for now. Hopefully can go to a UU member.

Uke has been sold! Heading to a new home in the Pacific Northwest. Thanks for all the interest!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom