Electric ukulele construction - Part 1

thats great! I'm inspired to build my own now! cant wait for part 2!

Glue?

That's a really interesting video, as are all your others! I noticed you used Titebond glue. I am about to put together one of the kits from Thomann and I wondered if that would be a good glue to use for that? The Thomann kit is a bit like the Grizzly kit that people talk about so basically just needs gluing together, but I want to make the best job I can.
Cheers,
Ian.

Last edited:
I couldn't find Titebond anywhere other than Ebay! I got some Extramite instead. The shop told me it is Cascamite but with a new name. It does say improved formula on the tin though and I'm always wary of things that have been changed. My son made a guitar at school a couple of years ago and he used Cascamite on that and I have read elsewhere that it is a good glue for instrument building. Has a longish setting time though, 6 hours, so I will need to clamp well and be patient I suppose.
When I make a start on my kit I will keep a record and hopefully post a blog somewhere or a thread on here. It's only a very simple kit though so may not be too exciting for anyone but me.
Cheers,
Ian.

Top Bottom