PDA

View Full Version : Electric ukulele construction - Part 1

Pete Howlett
12-12-2008, 05:00 AM
If you want to know how I build electric ukulele follow this link (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ED-kEJWDqOg).

Nurdaben
12-12-2008, 05:26 PM
so how did you smash your finger?

Pete Howlett
12-12-2008, 11:21 PM
It's hair dye - I was helping out Mrs Howlett...:rofl:

BUGOY
12-13-2008, 07:06 AM
thats great! I'm inspired to build my own now! cant wait for part 2!

GrumpyOldMan
12-16-2008, 09:46 AM
That's a really interesting video, as are all your others! I noticed you used Titebond glue. I am about to put together one of the kits from Thomann and I wondered if that would be a good glue to use for that? The Thomann kit is a bit like the Grizzly kit that people talk about so basically just needs gluing together, but I want to make the best job I can.
Cheers,
Ian.

Pete Howlett
12-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Go for titebond - it's as good as any other aliphatic glue.

GrumpyOldMan
12-16-2008, 01:58 PM
Go for titebond - it's as good as any other aliphatic glue.
Titebond it is then! Thanks.

herbsandspices
12-17-2008, 06:49 AM
If it's good enough for Pete, it's good enough for me! :music:

GrumpyOldMan
12-20-2008, 01:52 AM
I couldn't find Titebond anywhere other than Ebay! I got some Extramite instead. The shop told me it is Cascamite but with a new name. It does say improved formula on the tin though and I'm always wary of things that have been changed. My son made a guitar at school a couple of years ago and he used Cascamite on that and I have read elsewhere that it is a good glue for instrument building. Has a longish setting time though, 6 hours, so I will need to clamp well and be patient I suppose.
When I make a start on my kit I will keep a record and hopefully post a blog somewhere or a thread on here. It's only a very simple kit though so may not be too exciting for anyone but me.
Cheers,
Ian.