New Uke Day

bmacir

Reaction score
New Uke Day - Risa Solid Tenor

Finally got my Risa tenor stick in the mail, I bought here on the marketplace. It has been a long wait, but it's finally here.

Unfortunatly I had to pay 14€ for customs (this is the reason for which it took forever to get to it's new home), but the Risa was in great shape well packed and I am very happy.

The reason I bought the Risa is because I needed to be able to practice without my poor family having to tolerate my bad playing and so to avoid the complaining. Plus I wanted to try out a tenor uke having owned only sopranos until today.Overall I am happy, I think I am going to keep it for a long time. Tenor size is weird, I am still getting used to the larger fret spaces.

Finally I wanted to try an electric uke, but I don't own an amp yet.

Any suggestions on what amp to buy?

Last edited:
Congrats on you Risa tenor stick...I have a soprano one and I love my mini battery Honeytone....cannot go wrong for 20.00 plus shipping...Happy strummngs

Congrats, my acoustic amp is a Genz Benz Shenandoah.

Thanks for your kind replies!

Mm, I am torn, I don't know if I want to buy a very cheap one or a very good one to begin with! :)

BSUG I didn't take into consitderation the Genz Benz Shenandoah, I will have a look at it. Why would you recommend it?

Last edited:
Well, I mostly bought it BC I have a Taylor T5 guitar which has both acoustic and electric guitar capability. The Genz Benz was the better sounding of the acoustic amps I listened to. I think the Fishman Loudbox is good as well. Now, I was looking for a amp for the guitar and it just so happens to work well with my Epiphone LP uke. When I first bought the LP uke I looked at the Honeytone and the Orange amps and liked them both.

If you just want a little amp to be able to plug in and have fun with then they would work fine but if you really want a nice acoustic sound look into the GB or the Fishman. I plugged the LP uke into my Roland mini-cube but BC it is an electric amp I really didn't think it sounded so good. YMMV, do you have a GC or local shop you could take your uke to and try with the different amps?

do you have a GC or local shop you could take your uke to and try with the different amps?

I guess this is a good idea, but it means it will be a while before I find some spare time to do it...

I was thinking of getting a small / portable amp. I read some good reviews here on UU on Roland mini/micro/street cube, they cost significantly more than the honeytone, are they worth it?

I have the same Risa and a Fishman loudbox mini. Works great for me. It's got the EQ, and built in reverb and chours..thems all the effects you need with uke! (although I have played around with a phase pedal and the Risa and it's really fun)

It can get very very LOUD yet still stays very clear. It also has the input for an MP3 which is cool to play along with, has a mic input in the front and a DI in the back that I use to hook up to a PA when jamming with a full band. Its a real nice amp and not very big or heavy. For the size I was really impressed with the sound. Not battery powered though, plug in only.

Top Bottom