FS: New Koa Sopranino Ukulele by Black Bear

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
SOLD

This is a new sopranino size uke made of all Koa for the body. The neck is Mango
wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total.
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White plastic dots with white side dots. Bone nut
and saddle. Grover brand chrome friction tuners with smaller uke-friendly plastic
cream-colored knobs. Worth BM brand strings. The playing scale is 11 1/2". Can be
tuned to the standard pitch (high A) or up to a high B. Satin nitro-lacquer finish.
Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound. Your complete
satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in
the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$475

Attachments

• Sopranino 2013-2-18a.jpg
    Sopranino 2013-2-18a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Sopranino 2013-2-18b.jpg
    Sopranino 2013-2-18b.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Sopranino 2013-2-18c.jpg
    Sopranino 2013-2-18c.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Sopranino 2013-2-18d.jpg
    Sopranino 2013-2-18d.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
SOLD

This is a new sopranino size uke made of all Koa for the body. The neck is Mango
wood with a graphite truss rod. Although the mango does have worm holes, there are no worms, very unique looking wood. There are 12 frets to the body, 15 total.
Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. White plastic dots with white side dots. Bone nut
and saddle. Grover brand chrome friction tuners with smaller uke-friendly plastic
cream-colored knobs. Worth BM brand strings. The playing scale is 11 1/2". Can be
tuned to the standard pitch (high A) or up to a high B. Satin nitro-lacquer finish.
Low easy playing action and a very full rich mellow Koa sound. Your complete
satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in
the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states.Payment by money order, personal check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks for looking.

$475

I've got a question. I notice on your items with mango, you note they have wormholes, but no worms. Do finished products ever have worms?

Some wood products can of course have worms still in the wood. This is usually evident by dust around the holes indicating the worms or some kind of borer are still active. I have had this mango for about 15 years and have never once seen any dust or powder or worm activity. I won't use it if it did. I kind of like the unique look of it, so that is why I use it for necks. This wood is hard and the grain and color go well with koa ukes.

Some wood products can of course have worms still in the wood. This is usually evident by dust around the holes indicating the worms or some kind of borer are still active. I have had this mango for about 15 years and have never once seen any dust or powder or worm activity. I won't use it if it did. I kind of like the unique look of it, so that is why I use it for necks. This wood is hard and the grain and color go well with koa ukes.

I would have never guessed a worm to survive in wood until finished product stage. Thanks for the quick answer!

I would have never guessed a worm to survive in wood until finished product stage. Thanks for the quick answer!

I have a friend who repairs antique furniture and every once in a while he get a piece in where the worms have almost destroyed parts of it. I have never seen worms active in any wooden musical instrument, but I am sure it could happen.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

Sold. D-mace (David), nice score.

I have a friend who repairs antique furniture and every once in a while he get a piece in where the worms have almost destroyed parts of it. I have never seen worms active in any wooden musical instrument, but I am sure it could happen.

HAH!! That would be a complete nightmare in my KoAloha custom! If you'd like to see some pics of it, I'll send you a link by PM.

Top Bottom