Banjo Tuner Knobs

Fulhamjim

Reaction score
I've inherited a 4 string 22-fret [plectrum?] banjo that was my late grandfather's, my auntie has held on to it for 20 years and has only been ready to pass it on now, and knowing my love of the uke, it came my way.

I was trying to tune it up but one of the tuner pegs snapped (it was metallic-look plastic - which likely doesn't bode well for the quality of the banjo!).

I bought some replacements (http://www.eaglemusicshop.com/banjo-tuning-pegs/banjo-abs-button.htm) but the hole is too big so renders them useless.. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to where I might source a smaller replacement or set of replacements that fit? Or am I going to have to bite the bullet and replace all the tuners?

Thanks for reading!

Jim

Last edited:
Thanks Stan, sounds technical... And I don't own a drill :D

I had a little play around last night, this'll probably upset a few but I took a tuner off my dolphin and it fits almost perfectly, one screw had to be at an almost 45 degree angle, but it should work... Didn't have time last night to re-string but that's my project for tonight as the wife's out!

tenor

4 string is a tenor.....5 is a plectrum.....rig it up, there is a way....i have used washer to hold my fifth peg tighter...

A plectrum is also a four string banjo, but it is usually the same size as a standard 5 string banjo. A 5 string banjo is just a "banjo". It is the others that have qualifiers like "tenor" which is a smaller 4 string or banjar which is a six string banjo strung like a guitar.

Top Bottom