String Question

Kyle23

Reaction score
I'm really in need of some new strings on my new soprano. I have d'addarios on right now and I hate how they feel. Very bulky and weird feeling. I just don't know which ones to go with since I haven't used too many kinds. I have the flurocarbon Aquilas on my concert and I love the feel/sound of those, so would Martin flurocarbons be a good choice? I'm also not looking to spend a lot because I don't have much money, so the best for a cheap price would be ideal. Thanks guys.

Aquila flurocarbons? Do you mean Aquila Nylguts or are you talking about another brand of fluorocarbons?

Anthony

Yeah, they're the new red series that I got from mimmo to test out. I believe they're flurocarbon.

The new Aquila Reds are super thin!
Maybe all strings will feel bulky as you are used to them?

I guess that makes sense. It just seems like the ones I have on now give off a plastic-ish sound when I strum.

Must be, I might go with the Martins when I get the moneysssss

well,
right now I have made a massive quantity of the red series sets. This mean that the big distributors has them in 7-10 days almost. Then the Red Series sets will be avilable on their on line store and in a few days to the local store were they do the service.
The Red series are doing a good job. 100% ok
Mimmo

It's not like you are breaking the bank buying strings, as they are rather inexpensive anyway, unless you are talking hybrid uBass strings, and then it is only $25 or so. Buy some and see what you like?! I did a string change to Ahkweelahs (lol) on my very first Melokia uke and it made a great sounding instrument. Go for it!:2cents:

Living Waters by Ken Middleton. Just put some on my Kanile'a Tenor and wow what a difference. As a relative newbie I could never really tell much difference in sounds between strings on several video comparisons. However, I put these on and the difference stands out a mile. Only Living Waters for me now.

ETF :cool:

Hi Kyle,

I have a set of Aquila's looking for a new home. PM me with your address and I'll mail them out tomorrow

Jim

Top Bottom