Tenor Ukulele build #4

hbfdjn

Reaction score
I finished my 4th tenor ukulele. Tried using the Kasha bracing with a Port Orford Cedar top, Cherry back and sides and POC/Cherry neck.
Front.jpgBack.jpgside port side.jpgend graft closeup.jpg

very nice make i like how the back side is curled like that and the unique sound holes too

great job- i like the bashkiny position markers

That's really gorgeous! Do you make these only for yourself...or are they being sold?

a very nice look!

I finished my 4th tenor ukulele. Tried using the Kasha bracing with a Port Orford Cedar top, Cherry back and sides and POC/Cherry neck.
View attachment 49099View attachment 49100View attachment 49101View attachment 49102

hey, I'm a new member on the forum
I just want to know if this ukulele is for sale?
I think it's a beautiful style and design and I would wish to buy one with this kind of design...

thanks for your answer.

(if you don't sell it or one which looks like it, do you knowa brand which uses this style? )
D

Looks nice. How does the Port Orford cedar compare with the other ukes you made?

Thanks, this one sounds louder and has a much fuller sound (if that makes sense) in comparison with the last 3, but it also has the side port where the others didn't.

Looks nice!

Really like the "dots" :)

thanks, hard to see from the pictures but I used MOP on the ebony fingerboard and green abalone on the maple binding part (just a small piece) so they are sort of 2 toned, I thought the white wouldn't show up well from the side.
Can sort of see in this picture. The green abalone looks black from the side

Attachments

• front headstock.jpg
    front headstock.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
great job- i like the bashkiny position markers

thanks. Had to look bashkiny up, figured someone would have done markers like that before. I didn't think the normal round dots would fit on the side after I put the radius on the finger board so I figured I would combine the markers and have them off set and along the top of the fingerboard.

That's really gorgeous! Do you make these only for yourself...or are they being sold?

Thanks, just making for myself, was thinking of taking a bit of a break from ukulele and making a cello next :D but making ukuleles is so much fun I don't know I could take a long break.

I like that D sound hole. Is the dark rim inlaid?

thanks, I had drawn a few different ones before deciding on the D shape sound hole. It's one piece of Malaysian blackwood that I inlaid, same with the side port. I used the same block on the head stock and heel cap as well.

Last edited:
hey, I'm a new member on the forum
I just want to know if this ukulele is for sale?
I think it's a beautiful style and design and I would wish to buy one with this kind of design...

thanks for your answer.

(if you don't sell it or one which looks like it, do you knowa brand which uses this style? )
D

Hi, thanks. Sorry not for sale just making for fun. I bought the Kasha plans from Hana Lima and I saw they have some in a gallery on their web site but not sure if they have any for sale. Perhaps you can post a "want to buy" in the marketplace section and describe what you are looking for, other than that I'm afraid I'm not much help. Someone else here might know more.
Derek

D sound hole

Hi, thanks. Sorry not for sale just making for fun. I bought the Kasha plans from Hana Lima and I saw they have some in a gallery on their web site but not sure if they have any for sale. Perhaps you can post a "want to buy" in the marketplace section and describe what you are looking for, other than that I'm afraid I'm not much help. Someone else here might know more.
Derek

ok thank you for your answer...
if someone knows which brand sells ukulele with "D" hole...
Thank you

thanks, I had drawn a few different ones before deciding on the D shape sound hole. It's one piece of Malaysian blackwood that I inlaid, same with the side port. I used the same block on the head stock and heel cap as well.

Thanks. Very tasty combination

Top Bottom