NO! No more Eugene Ukulele on youtube!?!?

justinlcecil

Reaction score
Has anybody noticed that Jon's Youtube account has been closed?
Why is this? Youtube has lost a great deal of phenomenal uke videos.
- Justin Cecil

Ya know I did the same thing. Erased the Hawaii Music Supply Youtube. It took me hours to get it back. Apparently google has dumped the values they were built on. As in, give the people everything hassle free and just charge business to advertise. Now they so desperately want your social network that they about screwed me up like Jon. I have watched Jon's youtube channel for hour's and enjoyed it many times. I refuse to believe. If I was not too busy I would got to bat on this account. It's worthy.

Thanks for that Stan! Such a shame about Jon's video loss, specially given that he had deleted most of the songs he had put up! :(

Buy his albums instead.

he, he, Got them already! Awesome, too! Much more backing/tracking than the regular Youtube ones. REALLY good! :D

EugeneUkulele's web site -- getting 404 URL not found erreo

I know that Jon lost his YT site, but did he also lose his web site? I get "File Not Found/404 URL Error" messages when I try to visit the site. I subbed to his new YT, but I am hoping his wonderful web site is still out there somewhere, too. Please advise if anyone knows if it's still out in Cyberspace somewhere. :) Thanks!!!

All the more reason to use Vimeo like Andrew is also doing, the videos look better, load faster, and they're not some taken over corporate juggernaut that doesn't care about their users and only cares about profit

thanks for the interest you guys. Yep, website gone. youtube account gone. Deleted by accident a couple of days ago when attempting to disentangle myself from the linked google account...anyway, that nightmare behind me, I opened a new one....only to delete it again yesterday when trying to do the same thing.

seems one can't have a youtube account anymore unless you also agree to create a google account at the same time. At least that's how it's working for me...

so yes, all vids gone. thankfully, some - maybe 50 or so - are still on the computer and I will start re-uploading them over the next weeks/months. as for the website, I still have the PDF songsheets if anyone wants em.

the yt channel now hopefully here to stay: http://www.youtube.com/user/butterflybandito

...... can we make requests? Hoping you've still got 'Old Grey Mule', 'Custard Pie', and 'St. James Infirmary' on the hard drive.... my favorite playlist on YouTube looks mighty empty with all the Eugene videos gone.....

...... can we make requests? Hoping you've still got 'Old Grey Mule', 'Custard Pie', and 'St. James Infirmary' on the hard drive.... my favorite playlist on YouTube looks mighty empty with all the Eugene videos gone.....

Add "Stealin'" to the list, please!

Really sorry to hear that man!!! That's a real drag! I could repeat expletives but I'm sure you've already went ballistic on that front! Man, I didn't know how connected those YouTube accounts were with Google+. It should have asked, "Do you really want to delete your YouTube account as well?"

I originally had set up my YouTube account with a personal email (non gmail) but Google eventually forced me only to use my Gmail account.

Petey

DailyMotion...

I originally had set up my YouTube account with a personal email (non gmail) but Google eventually forced me only to use my Gmail account.

Petey

Yeah...this is the part that really gets under my skin. Google used to brag about their "do no evil" policy - so much for that - I guess the bean counters are in charge now and they are so desparate to show activity in Google+ that they are trying to force people to use it. I'm seriously considering moving all my stuff to Vimeo - the quality tends to be better anyway.

BTW, Jon, if you're having to start from scratch anyway this might be a really good time to investigate alternatives like vimeo or some of the others. YouTube isn't the only game in town, anymore...

John

Top Bottom