Somebody ring the cheese alarm! - Robyn Hitchcock cover

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I figured someone would inevitably host a Season of the Ukulele with a food theme, so I've been waiting to play this song for almost six months. I just couldn't wait any more. This is a Robyn Hitchcock song called "The Cheese Alarm".

Thanks, Bill. In hindsight, I should have worn my Wallace and Gromit T-shirt to sing this song.

I heard the cheese alarm...I was over here picking at a pepper-crusted chevre. I agree, Jim, that someone should do a food theme.

Now, you cheese-ophiles who know so much, this game challenges to you tell whether a name is a cheese or a printing font.
http://cheeseorfont.mogrify.org/

Back around 1990, I had a Monty Python computer game where you had to recognize types of cheese before you could enter the game.

I'm waiting for that theme too...and I love RH, and this song, and your version has that off-kilter charm of the original, but with the patented sledgehammer strum.
We're just back from a weekend farm stay at a sheep and goat dairy in central California, so this is closer to home than you might imagine..

Well, I wish you had waited just two weeks - I had decided that my next season was going to be called "Let's Eat". Just typed up the conditions last night.

Top Bottom