GIrl of the North Country Fair

wee_ginga_yin

Reaction score
Just watched a movie called "Silver lining playbook" about a man who suffers
from a bi-polar disorder, and whose father (Robert Di Nero) has an obsessive
compulsive disorder related to gambling.

His salvation comes through dancing with a girl who is as psychotic as himself.
In the movie there is a duet with Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan where Dylan uses
his "after the motorcycle crash" voice. It is a tender song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyN-ya3rCPw

Catch the movie if you can.

This is splendid, wee..... beautiful video and a wonderful rendition of one my favorite Dylan tunes - 'Nashville Skyline' is one of his best records....

He has done a few different versions if you study his web site. I used the chords for the Nashville skyline version.
It is quite strange that you could hardly recognise his voice as being the usual nasal Dylan twang on many of his
songs from that period.

My favorite version is still the first he did, on 'Freewheelin' Bob Dylan'.... those first couple of records, mostly just him with his guitar, are my favorite. I learned to play this song on guitar awhile back - it has the same changes and picking pattern as 'Boots of Spanish Leather' from 'The Times They Are A Changin'..... always thought it a bit queer that he recycled his own tune that way......

I like the way he changes his voice every few records.... none of the variations are great, but they always feel suited to whatever it is he's doing at the time. He's good at working with what he's got. His best vocals, I think, were on the 'World Gone Wrong' album...... the simple arrangements of the earlier records with a nice world-weary roughness that doesn't get much better.....

Top Bottom