Photo of my new Kala

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I just wanted to post a photo of my new Kala tenor solid cedar acoustic/electric uke that I got today from musicguymic. It's beautiful and I love the way it looks in the carved wooden uke hanger (next to my little starter from Hawaiian Ukulele Company).

wall.JPG

Thanks Mike...it is beautiful.

That's a classy-looking uke! How does it sound, compared to the laminated koa one?

SEXY! :p

That is the same uke that I have. Might I make one suggestion, Pickguards! The soft cedar top is pretty easily marred by the fingers. But, it sure does got a nice sound eh?

That's a classy-looking uke! How does it sound, compared to the laminated koa one?

Thanks...I really like it. It's funny, I had the Kala Koa concert before and I really didn't like it in comparison to the laminated soprano. I actually thought my cheapo soprano sounded better. In comparison, I don't know if it is the tenor size or the solid cedar, but I think the new Kala sounds much better. To me (and my untrained ears), it sounds richer than the old Kala I had.

But for those wanting a sound analysis, the best I can say is go to the source. This is an online video of musicguymic playing this Kala far better than I can play it, or explain it.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/musicguymic/?action=view&current=MVI_5899.flv

Top Bottom