New Uke Day - My first Compass Rose

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last week I bought a Compass Rose solid walnut tenor ukulele (serial number 330) from Heartbreaker Guitars in Las Vegas, and it arrived this morning. It sounds wonderful, with a clear harplike tone and nice resonance and sustain. I wasn't sure what to expect from walnut as a tonewood, but I really do like the sound. I haven't had time to take my own photos yet, so here are some of the photos that were posted on the Heartbreaker Guitar website.

IMG_5860.jpg img_5858.jpg IMG_5864.jpg IMG_5886.jpg

Wow looks amazing. Congrats and can't wait to hear it!

Egad, Mark, what a beauty! It looks fantastic, and I bet it sounds wonderful. Hope you really enjoy it.

Congratulations Mark! Looks great in those pics. I'm looking forward to seeing your own pics in detail, or seeing and hearing it in person soon. She's a real beauty! :drool:

Congratulations on the Compass Rose! Just beautiful. Bet it sounds great. Wow, you got a great price on that.

Schweeet! I love walnut as a tonewood. I had a walnut mountain dulcimer years ago - I wish now I hadn't sold it.

John

I absolutely love Walnut. That would make for one excellent uke if it sounded half as good as it looks.

Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

::sigh:: .

Thanks everyone!

I haven't had much of a chance to play it yet, but from the little time I've been able to spend with it, I'm very impressed. I've had the chance to play a few CRs at Gryphon Stringed Instruments and this is one of the nicer ones to my ear.

Gary, I feel your pain. I guess you haven't gotten your custom CR yet, but when you do, I promise to post a "sigh" in your new uke thread because from what I've heard about it from both you and Rick, it's going to be un-bleeping-believable.

Here are a few more photos from the Heartbreaker Guitars website.

IMG_5878.jpg IMG_5867.jpg IMG_5891.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom