New MP uke day!

Fisherman

Reaction score
My new MP uke!! Aint she sweet? Happiness :)
Redwood/Walnut...
As for the all important sound... she's wonderful... clear, bright, and it has a singing quality. Great dynamic range, responds to vibrato - everything I love in a uke.
And to top it off, Mike is a great guy to deal with. If you're looking to commission a uke, I'd suggest you talk to Mike!

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Wow, what a beautifully understated and classy looking uke! Congratulations. How long did you have to wait for it?

Nice looking uke. What was the turn around time from order to completion?

Wow, that's a stunner! I, too, am wondering what size yours is.

I have two Mike Pereira ukuleles--a soprano and a concert--and I agree, they are out of this world for looks and tone. Mine have the same headstock as yours, fisherman. Thanks for sharing photos.

edit: I agree wholeheartedly, Mike is an absolutely up and up guy...easy to speak with and fast email replies. If one wants a custom, he's the guy.

That's really cool, love the walnut! The cool edging on the fretboard looks sweet too.

Congrats!

Mike's ukes have been on my list for a while now; they sound awesome and just look classy. Well done.

It's been too long since someone flashed a new MP around here! Mine is great. The finish is flawless, and it plays so well. Mike is such a top guy.

Congratulations. Now awaiting videos.............................. :rolleyes:

Hi - to those who asked - it took about 2 and a half months all up...
Mike keeps you in the loop with regular photos and options along the way, choosing from sets of wood, updates on the build etc. Difficult waiting those final 2 weeks while it was in the post! But she finally did arrive and travelled safely :)

Hi CK1 - I'm not surprised you sprung for a second one.... tempting! The headstock was a tough choice. I like the slotted look, but in the end am glad I went with the traditional bell shape

Forgot to mention Mike threw in a free upgrade to his UV gloss finish, which was very kind

Wow, that's a stunner! I, too, am wondering what size yours is.

I have two Mike Pereira ukuleles--a soprano and a concert--and I agree, they are out of this world for looks and tone. Mine have the same headstock as yours, fisherman. Thanks for sharing photos.

edit: I agree wholeheartedly, Mike is an absolutely up and up guy...easy to speak with and fast email replies. If one wants a custom, he's the guy.

Last edited:
Thanks - the bindings are maple and are really nicely done. Not sure if I captured it in the photos, but it's kinda stripey or wavey or more likely...flamed :)
There's a thick 'skunk stripe' in maple along the back of the neck and heel too

That's really cool, love the walnut! The cool edging on the fretboard looks sweet too.

Interesting - checking his website just now it looks like that's Mike's standard option now. Prices have gone up since I ordered too - I paid $850 for my 'style 4' tenor +$70 shipping. Even at the new price $1050 it's still a great deal.

Top Bottom