Custom DaSilva Concert Purpleheart and Spruce Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
Custom DaSilva Concert Purpleheart and Spruce Top- SOLD

Custom handcrafted Mike DaSilva ukulele for sale. Body and back are made of beautiful purpleheart and the top is spruce. The neck is mahogany and the fingerboard is ebony. Headplate, nut and saddle are also ebony. Both the top and back are bound with faux tortoise shell. The sound hole is also bound in faux tortoise shell. Top also has WBW purfling. The tuners are high quality friction type. Currently the uke is strung with Aquila strings. Comes with the Musicians Gear hard case. PayPal preferred.

The serial number is 39 and is dated August, 2005. This instrument is very light with a thin top that creates a beautiful tone. It has a bright sound with some nice bass. It is in very good condition, but not new. . I am not aware of any issues with the ukulele. No cracks, or dings or things like that. There are a few small scratches on the top from strumming and below the bridge, as well as on the back. I tried to photograph those.

Other specs: 15.5 inch scale, Nut width 1.40 inches.

It's a great uke, but I find myself playing tenors or sopranos more often. Time to let this one go.

Here is a recent sound sample https://www.box.com/s/ekxoym4b37v0vd31uz80

SOLD
More pics at my album http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1865
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Awwwwwwww! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :iwant:

Man, my mother would crap herself if I purchased that for her. She loves anything purple, and she absolutely loves purple heart. Unfortunately, at this time, I'm still trying to figure out how to buy a tank of gas for my car before the weekend :(

Dan

Sweet ukulele, Doc J.

: Why does Mike sometimes put his slash S logo on th headstock, and sometimes not? Anyone know.

This baby will fly.

Sweet ukulele, Doc J.

: Why does Mike sometimes put his slash S logo on th headstock, and sometimes not? Anyone know.

This baby will fly.

I believe that is his newer inlay logo design of the last year or two.

Man, that's a stunner -- even the Purple Heart inside the sound hole looks sweet!

Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom