PDA

View Full Version : Moore Bettah for Sale

Stevelele
02-21-2013, 05:35 AM
I'm not affiliated -- it's artisan guitars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281067968313&ssPageName=ADME:X:BORO:US:1123

austin1
02-21-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm not affiliated -- it's artisan guitars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281067968313&ssPageName=ADME:X:BORO:US:1123

something tells me it won't be on sale for long :D

coolkayaker1
02-21-2013, 05:54 AM
That's a great price on a rare ukulele. Someone will snatch it up, undoubtedly.

RichM
02-21-2013, 06:48 AM
Soooo pretty....if it was a concert, it would already be mine. Even so, I find myself hovering over the Buy It Now button...sooo pretty....

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 08:19 AM
Soooo pretty....if it was a concert, it would already be mine. Even so, I find myself hovering over the Buy It Now button...sooo pretty....
If it were a tenor I would have bought it already. But I agree... Hovering over the button...

sukie
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
It's not gone yet? Really?

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
I would call Artisan and see if you can work out a deal with them...I guess most people prefer the tenors cuz I would have bought it as well!

gyosh
02-21-2013, 08:24 AM

If it were a tenor I would have bought it already. But I agree... Hovering over the button...

Let me fuel the UAS here.

CJ doesn't have a Moore Bettah. Rich does.

Rich doesn't have a Pepe Romero. CJ does (an extra one actually).

Rich buys the MB and then trades CJ for a Pepe Romero.

Win, Win :)

mm stan
02-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Okay Who Got It? fess up the guilty party...GONE they said....AWE AWE...

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Okay Who Got It? fess up the guilty party...GONE they said....AWE AWE...
Well, I was just on the eBay app and it said it was still available, so I pulled the trigger. So I am either the proud new owner of the uke or I just missed a MB for the 3rd time. (The first 2 were for tenors, so those hurt like crap, if I miss this it will be mild disappointment.)

coolkayaker1
02-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Congrats, Tigeralum! You go, man!

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Congrats CJ!!

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Congrats, Tigeralum! You go, man!
They just called... I missed it. Someone bought it at the store... Maybe the Tenor is out there yet...

gyosh
02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Well, I was just on the eBay app and it said it was still available, so I pulled the trigger. So I am either the proud new owner of the uke or I just missed a MB for the 3rd time. (The first 2 were for tenors, so those hurt like crap, if I miss this it will be mild disappointment.)

When your kids are a little older I am so going to bribe them to trade one of your ukes for an iPad or something similarly kid shiny:)

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 09:02 AM
They just called... I missed it. Someone bought it at the store... Maybe the Tenor is out there yet...

Sorry to hear...you were meant for a Tenor!! I'm sure you can take vacation at the Big Island

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 09:06 AM
When your kids are a little older I am so going to bribe them to trade one of your ukes for an iPad or something similarly kid shiny:)
Ha! They know better than to touch my ukes... Plus, they far prefer their pretty Dolphins than my brown ukes...

gyosh
02-21-2013, 09:07 AM
Ha! They know better than to touch my ukes... Plus, they far prefer their pretty Dolphins than my brown ukes...

Aha!! Two pretty Dolphins for any one of Daddy's ugly old brown ones:)

Sorry you missed this one. The next one is yours!!

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear...you were meant for a Tenor!! I'm sure you can take vacation at the Big Island
I am going in May, but prospects are extremely slim as Chuck has vacation and is closing his shop for renovations for a month...

anyway, just talked to the dealer, Artisan Guitars in Nashville, they were very apologetic. Offered me a small store credit, free shipping on my next purchase, and (most importantly) first right of refusal on their next Moore Bettah! They get them in trade from time to time, and he entered it in the computer to call me before it goes for sale to the public. I'm stoked about that. I may be one step closer... Until then, I will be practicing.

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 09:13 AM
I am going in May, but prospects are extremely slim as Chuck has vacation and is closing his shop for renovations for a month...

Note to self...Don't go to the Big Island in May...Just Kidding

Len and I really want you to get one!

mm stan
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Aloha CJ, sorry bruddah you lost out on that one..I'm sure Chuckie is Watching:o
Wow a Walk in...who carries dat kind of money around....oh yeah credit cards...geez

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
02-21-2013, 09:46 AM

anyway, just talked to the dealer, Artisan Guitars in Nashville, they were very apologetic. Offered me a small store credit, free shipping on my next purchase, and (most importantly) first right of refusal on their next Moore Bettah! They get them in trade from time to time, and he entered it in the computer to call me before it goes for sale to the public. I'm stoked about that. I may be one step closer... Until then, I will be practicing.

I talked to them a couple of days ago about this uke. As far as I know it's the first of mine they've seen in their shop.

RichM
02-21-2013, 11:04 AM
I for one am grateful that it's gone. I *so* cannot afford another high-dollar uke, but the devil on my shoulder was kicking the crap out the angel...

Tigeralum2001
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
I talked to them a couple of days ago about this uke. As far as I know it's the first of mine they've seen in their shop.
Killing the dream, Chuck! ;)

Man that was a great price on a beautiful ukulele. I haven't used a credit card in 10 years but that one almost made me open an account. Thank you Lord!

That sale was an eternity in the making compared with Chuck's last 60-second window of opportunity with his last two offerings.
I just couldn't decide if I would love a soprano as much as a tenor. By the time I awoke from this brain freeze, it was too late. Oh well, I do believe one day I will be the care taker of a MB tenor. (Yes, I know it is probably a pipe dream.)

soupking
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
No one got screwed worse than me on this one. Haha. All I can do is laugh at this point. Unfortunately I don't have time to detail the entire excruciating experience right this second, but will do so later on tonight. Suffice to say, I called before noon, it was available, I thought it was mine, but then...

OldePhart
02-21-2013, 12:25 PM
I for one am grateful that it's gone. I *so* cannot afford another high-dollar uke, but the devil on my shoulder was kicking the crap out the angel...

Yeah...I know the feeling...that's exactly what's happening to me with Jon's Mya Moe concert resonator in the marketplace right now. If I hadn't just spent a bundle on repairs/remodeling for the house, and if the tax man wasn't so near, and if I didn't really need to get a new(er) car for the wife, I probably would have crumbled by now.

John

Stevelele
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
sorry guys-- maybe we have have a special alert on this site the next time it happens so everyone know

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 12:39 PM
sorry guys-- maybe we have have a special alert on this site the next time it happens so everyone know

Steve, next time you just need to buy it and then sell it to a fellow UUer!

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
No one got screwed worse than me on this one. Haha. All I can do is laugh at this point. Unfortunately I don't have time to detail the entire excruciating experience right this second, but will do so later on tonight. Suffice to say, I called before noon, it was available, I thought it was mine, but then...

I'm sorry SoupKing, I just had to do this. I've been waiting a long time! ;)

soupking
02-21-2013, 12:50 PM

Haha. Dammit! Serves me right with this dumb handle. My last name is Campbell, by the way, for anyone who thinks its stupid. It still is, I guess. Haha. This one wasn't a soup though, Chuck. It was a bisque!

Stevelele
02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I thought about it!

Steve, next time you just need to buy it and then sell it to a fellow UUer!

soupking
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
..... Ah, who cares....

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Chuck

If you made this uke again, would you use pegheds to save weight for a soprano?

RichM
02-21-2013, 05:43 PM

It takes a cruel man to build a great ukulele! ;)

Dan Uke
02-21-2013, 06:47 PM
The real kicker though, to me at least, is that this uke was $2,100- the $250 deposit was just shy of the "reservation" percentage.

In the grand scheme for a MBU, $250 isn't much but it's good to see that you are still trying to save money.

mm stan
02-22-2013, 02:02 AM
The best thing is that the man who makes them is still alive and making, and there will be more that become available to you in the future.

Aloha Bill,
That is very much true Bill .....and some very nice sentiments of Chuckie...I agree he is a wonderful man and friend, and may he always keep healthy doing what he loves..:)