Hardshell Concert Ukulele cases. Thoughts and suggestions.

justinlcecil

Reaction score
So I will be in the market for a concert ukulele case soon and I was wondering what peoples experiences are with their cases? What cases do you recommend? What cases should I avoid? Can a good hardshell case be bought for under $100? Lead me to the perfect case folks.

- Justin Cecil

Sure, all the Oahu cases are under $100. I picked up an Ohana tweed case locally here for under $100 as well. Unless you are looking for an airline-proof or high end cases like an Ameritage, a concert hard case under $100 should be no problem.

Oahu is the best traditional hard shell I've seen. It has the raised top that adds to the strength of it and it has a good handle. Uke crazy cases are ok but have flat tops.

Doug

Another vote for the Oahu cases. I don't have extensive experience, but my Oahu case has weathered all manner of nonsense I've put it through (biking to work in snow counts, right?).

The Oahu cases I have are great but they weigh about four or five times what the uke inside weighs. Personally, I actually prefer those ugly foam and canvas semi-hard cases for just about anything but flying. I just hate lugging a bunch of heavy cases around.

John

Last edited:
Another vote for Oahu cases... they're great and reasonably priced.

I love Oscar Schmidt cases. I just bought another one.

The Oahu cases I have are great but they weigh about four or five times what the uke inside weighs. Personally, I actually prefer those ugly foam and canvas semi-hard cases for just about anything but flying. I just hate lugging a bunch of heavy cases around.

John

Yeah, what OldP says is true, but I guess it depends on how you store and transport your instruments - and what they're worth. There are lightweight airline type cases, but those will cost as much as a decent uke. So, maybe for a Moore Bettah? I tend to drag bunches of instruments around in my car, and I travel with them sometimes which mean airline overheads - not the best thing for light weight canvas cases unless the uke isn't worth all that much.

doug

I appreciate the input folks. I do like the look of the guardian and the Oahu cases. I have a fremont tenor case that I like but its more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Top Bottom