Question regarding Jake shows

No special stuff. He meets, signs stuff, has pictures taken with anybody who wants to see him -- after the concert.. He is so awesome and gracious. I've met him enough we hug -- but I do always tell him I study with Aldrine. (I don't wanna creep him out). He is one of the nicest people I have met in my life. You should see him interact with little kids and their ukuleles.

No special stuff. He meets, signs stuff, has pictures taken with anybody who wants to see him -- after the concert.. He is so awesome and gracious. I've met him enough we hug -- but I do always tell him I study with Aldrine. (I don't wanna creep him out). He is one of the nicest people I have met in my life. You should see him interact with little kids and their ukuleles.

I'd just like to add that it depends upon his schedule and the venue. He met, greeted and signed but no pictures were allowed of/with him after the concert when we saw him in the Fall. It was an amazing show, in a smallish venue, so you could sit in complete awe of his mastery at close range. The music he produces is just stunning.

I'd just like to add that it depends upon his schedule and the venue. He met, greeted and signed but no pictures were allowed of/with him after the concert when we saw him in the Fall. It was an amazing show, in a smallish venue, so you could sit in complete awe of his mastery at close range. The music he produces is just stunning.

Yes, I saw him a couple weeks ago- he was just fabulous! But NO pictures were allowed after the show. He is very gracious and stays for as long as it takes to greet his fans and sign their CDs/programs/ukes etc. I'm sure he was signing for over an hour after the Anchorage show - the line was SO long. Luckily I was at the front of the line and only waited about 10 minutes. I now have a uke signed by Jake!

Yes, I saw him a couple weeks ago- he was just fabulous! But NO pictures were allowed after the show. He is very gracious and stays for as long as it takes to greet his fans and sign their CDs/programs/ukes etc. I'm sure he was signing for over an hour after the Anchorage show - the line was SO long. Luckily I was at the front of the line and only waited about 10 minutes. I now have a uke signed by Jake!

I'm sad to say, when I saw him ... I didn't own a uke to be signed or I might have done that too! My UAS started in earnest after attending that concert.

The energy he puts into his performance is pretty darned draining. I wouldn't blame him at all if the NO picture rule is so there aren't a lot of exhausted looking Jake pics out there in the world. But then again, as you said, so gracious that I just can't attribute it to vanity. :)

The line was long after the show here too and he stayed and signed posters, CDs and all. An all around class act.

I believe the company managing his tour has everything to do with the "no pictures" policy. If you want to join his fan club then you have the right to pay for a VIP package. For something like $200 you get a ticket, t-shirt, poster, and some other stuff, and a meet-and-greet with Jake that includes a picture. So if they allowed the non-VIP people to take pictures after the concert, there would be less incentive to buy the VIP program.

So yes, it's about the money, but it is so gracious of Jake to meet with the fans afterwards. I suspect there will be a day where it will be physically impossible for him to do that because of the size of the crowd. So relish it while you can. I've always thought while watching him in concert that the man is not human. After having the opportunity to meet and talk with him after a concert, I can't believe the man is so humane.

Yeah, it seems lately he has a bit less time, or a few too many fans.

Here in Olympia, it was no pictures, and he wasn't bothering with his last name when signing. :)

So if they allowed the non-VIP people to take pictures after the concert, there would be less incentive to buy the VIP program.

After having the opportunity to meet and talk with him after a concert, I can't believe the man is so humane.

And that is totally logical (in a capitalist way). Humane, gracious and utterly refreshing. :)

When I saw him last year, he stayed around to meet and greet everyone who wanted to come say Hi! He signed stuff that people brought with them, and photos were not only allowed, but his assistant was taking the pictures with the fans own cameras. He was really friendly and appreciative of all the fans, even though it took a couple of hours to go through the whole line of people waiting to meet him.

I get to do it all over again next weekend, since he is coming back here again, and I've got tickets!

Top Bottom