Pono Guitalele

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Why isn't there one ? Looking on the Ko'olau site, there are Pono Parlour guitars. I'd have thought that a Pono GL would sit nicely between the Yamaha at the bottom end, and the Kanile'a GL-6 at the top.

Come on Andrew, get on it!

Oh yeah...it needs to have a cutaway and a single-sided headstock.

And maybe my name inlaid at the 12 fret.

The last one is just a suggestion. Leave that off if you want.

I think they'll probably come up with something soon. It seems like guitaleles are getting very popular! I remember when it was either a Yamaha or a custom built one. Now there's Cordoba, Gretsch, and a few others

Yes, I think there are a lot of people looking to transition between uke and guitar (and vice versa). These things have a definite niche....

... Sort of a "bi-curious" kind of thing.

I may have to get one. Not sure which one, though.

I would guess this: Overall Guilele's are such a niche instrument, not a huge draw. The cost for tooling, design, etc probably wouldn't make it worth it for the number that would actually be sold. Plus the market is getting a lot of them. Cordoba makes 3 different ones, Yamaha makes 2, then you have the new Gretsch and Kanilea KoAloha and several others on the market.

If you guys are interested in Guilele's find a place you can check out the new Gretsch G9126! I'm thinking of snagging the only one we have at our shop :D

get one of their Parlors, best value out there!

If you guys are interested in Guilele's find a place you can check out the new Gretsch G9126! I'm thinking of snagging the only one we have at our shop :D

Oh crap! I've just been on Gretch's website and looked at their "Roots" collection. I think I'm going to have to buy one of everything now.

DAMN YOU!!!

Why isn't there one ? Looking on the Ko'olau site, there are Pono Parlour guitars. I'd have thought that a Pono GL would sit nicely between the Yamaha at the bottom end, and the Kanile'a GL-6 at the top.

Come on Andrew, get on it!

Pono has made 4 Guitalele's...really good too...sold up at the store last year. Will they make again? If we ask them to. But I don't even want them making guitars. At least not until they can keep us stocked with AT's and RTSH's. My dad started as a guitar builder and he can't help himself. Pedal's right though, the roots series is a great value. I like this one better than the Cordoba or Yamaha personally. Nothing like a GL6 but still.....

BK's handsome logo there at the end! You must have gone to like 6,000 grit on that. Beautiful work... So for a GL, the Gretsch is a good deal..but I'm thinkin' you shouldn't fight it, you know your tenor wants a big brother-

309989_10151248778540863_28602678_n.jpg

Top Bottom