Baritone Hardcase Advice

pdxuke

Reaction score
Hi all:

I need help finding the right hard case for my Martin Barry in transit, and my Favilla. I tried a Guardian case from Amazon but the Favilla would not fit well, so I sent it back.

If you have brand name suggestions for either I'd appreciate it. I want to get these two ukes into fancy hard cases asap.

Don't know the dimensions of the Martin, but I have a Ko'olau hardcase which fits my Pono nicely.

Don't know the dimensions of the Martin, but I have a Ko'olau hardcase which fits my Pono nicely.

Thanks. Barry's tend to be different, I've noticed, and so what finds one brand may not fit another.

But ya know what, we need a database to share what cases we use for our ukes. So I hereby create one:

http://tinyurl.com/b74vret

Would you go enter the info on your case? It will help us all! :)

Thom,

Can I leave that page and it will save my info? Just checked and it will.

Last edited:
Thanks. Barry's tend to be different, I've noticed, and so what finds one brand may not fit another.

But ya know what, we need a database to share what cases we use for our ukes. So I hereby create one:

http://tinyurl.com/b74vret

Would you go enter the info on your case? It will help us all! :)

How much are you willing to spend on a case/are your ukes worth an expensive case?

Ameritage. It's very expensive, but you could gate check it on a plane and not worry. Run over it with a truck and the uke will be safe.

http://www.ameritagecases.com/listing.php?cat=Silver_Series&line=Ukulele

I appreciate that you are trying to help, and I'm probably not being clear. I know lots of brands of uke cases, but not all brands fit all ukes.

What I'm asking for is if anyone out there has a vintage Martin or Favilla baritone, and if so, do you have them in a hard case, and if so, which brand? :)

I have already purchase and returned one case because the Favilla would not fit. It would be great to know what works for folks out there who own these ukes. I'll also call elderly and talk to them, but thought I'd start here first.

I appreciate that you are trying to help, and I'm probably not being clear. I know lots of brands of uke cases, but not all brands fit all ukes.

What I'm asking for is if anyone out there has a vintage Martin or Favilla baritone, and if so, do you have them in a hard case, and if so, which brand? :)

I have already purchase and returned one case because the Favilla would not fit. It would be great to know what works for folks out there who own these ukes. I'll also call elderly and talk to them, but thought I'd start here first.

I do know that you can call Ameritage with the measurements and they will tell you if it will fit or not.

I like the looks of the Stagg Tweed Baritone case. Does anyone know if a Pono MB might fit in one? I have checked the specs, and it seems like it would.
Thanks!

It depends on how nice of a case you want. I just wanted something basic for my Martin Baritone. I noted that the Lanikai dimensions are the same, so I picked up the Lanikai UC B Baritone Ukulele Case and it fits like a glove. Picked it up for $35 shipped...

Rather than what brand ukulele fits what brand case, why not make up a form which asks for dimensions: width across front bout--width across bottom bout--- height at the deepest point---length of neck ----length of body--- type of tuners will determine the width of the space for the peghead. Geared tuners with ear out the sides do not fit at all in some cases of not just the bari, but of all sizes.

If I have this information I can call my different suppliers to find out what they have which will fit the dimensions for any specific ukulele. Salem is close, and we have a dau in PDX we go to visit frequently.

Top Bottom