Hello all uke lovers

sunnydownside

Reaction score
Glad to be a part of this forum where common interests can be shared among those worldwide. I have recently began to pick up interest in the ukulele again after a 10 year hibernation from even picking up a uke. The last 7 months playing my uke brings back great memories. Makes me think why I stopped. But playing again has brought on another curiousity of mine in learning how to build a uke of my own. I hope to eventually build about 5 for my family to enjoy as well. Hopefully I can share some of my knowledge as I know I will gain much being here.

Welcome to UU. I put down the uke myself for about a year a couple of years ago, and I felt the same way as you when I picked it back up. It's a beautiful little instrument we play!

Welcome to UU. Glad you joined us.

I had a 40 year sabbatical myself. It's amazing how quick it comes back though and there are lots more resources at your fingertips now.

Enjoy and keep us posted

Welcome (back, sort of).

Building the family ukes is a great idea. Be forewarned, though: following threads on the LL can lead to sleep deprivation, poor performance at work, and general alienation of kith and kin as you try to explain its awesomeness!

Welcome to UU!

Greetings and welcome. I had uke for over 50 years before I got serious!

Hi and welcome! My uke once sat on a shelf for two years.... but now if I don't have a daily strum I get withdrawal symptoms! This is a great forum, you'll love the folk on here.

Greetings and welcome. Lots of folks started again.

Hello and welcome! I'm glad that you re-discovered the uke and are with us!

Hi, sunnysidedown! I'm glad you decided to pick the ukulele back up. Looking forward to pics of your builds.

Top Bottom