Pono PTO strung to High G

BackPocketNJ

Reaction score
Hey all,

I had a few questions.

I'm new the uke world but not to playing stringed instruments.

I was wondering if the Pono PTO was a good starting uke choice even if it was strung to high g? Or is this uke really intended to be strung low G and I should look somewhere else for a high G tenor?

In addtion, if I go through MGM, the uke would have to ship across the water and across the country to New Jersey where I live. I'm very concerned about having humidity and temperature issues resulting in problems. I was wondering if anyone had advice or expereince with this?

I have had solid wood guitars shipped before but not this far.

Thanks!

Matt

Rest assured if it is comming from MGM it will be shipped ok to anywhere from his end but no telling what UPS will do to it!!!!

Like you Guitars just get a humidifer for it.

And yes that PTO will sound GREAT High g (my buddy just got his and I have Uke envy) he doesn't like the Low G so switched to High g Aquilla strings.
MY Uke Shop has a satin PTO and I am having a very hard time not putting a deposit on it as it is a match to my Pono Soprano.

thanks for the advice. I have been dancing around ordering one now for weeks.

Mike takes the utmost care when it comes to packing an instrument for shipping. There are a number of threads/posts attesting to his customer service. You shouldn't have any problems....

Hey -

Just and update. I ordered the Pono PTO. I'm excited.

I'm a third grade teacher and I had a 12 day holiday break coming up. That will give me a bit of time to get acquainted with it. Also, I teach about the 50 states so I can bring it in for Hawaii in a few months I suppose.

Thanks for the advice.

Matt

Great choice, let us know what you think of it.

I was playin the one my local shop has yesterday (drooling) now if I wasn't paying off that Koalaha Soprano......

Top Bottom