Hello from Dallas, TX

leatheruke

Reaction score
Glad to be here. Have been playing for about 7 months. Dallas has a huge Ukulele community. I have been fortunate to attend a Lil" Rev workshop recently.
I am a professional model builder for print and film. I am eager to build my own ukulele and have found some of the luthiery posts encouraging.
I enjoy working with hand tools and I also do leather work, making straps etc.
Looking forward to communicating with other players.
Thanks.

Welcome to UU, a great place for all things ukulele. Make sure to post some pics when you get around to building.

Welcome! Glad to hear the uke is so popular in the Lone Star State. Maybe now I'll move back!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us. A craft background sure makes it easier to work on ukes. I just got a small 4" craft disc sander for nuts, saddles, bridges, and ????

Greetings and welcome. Lots of folks started in TX

...Dallas has a huge Ukulele community. ... I am eager to build my own ukulele and have found some of the luthiery posts encouraging.
I enjoy working with hand tools and I also do leather work, making straps etc....
Thanks.

I just got here to Dallas area (Rockwall). it's nice to hear Dallas has some uke interest. Regarding your post, i find it interesting that you'd like to build your own, as i would too. Only thing is, i'd be starting from ground zero and you have craftmanship knowledge already. Anyways, if you got any tips or info you'd like to share i'd be happy to hear. Mahaloz

Aloha leatheruke,
Welcome to the UU forums...You hit the gold mine for uke forums...wooo hooo lots of helpful friendly ukulele players and builders here..have fun and enjoy...
also any Texas ukers too...Happy Strummings...

Top Bottom