Ebay links not allowed

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've just put a uke on ebay..and put it on the "Market place" section with a link to ebay but the moderator has removed the link and the ebay reference saying it's not allowed:(...Is this a new thing co's it never happened in the past :confused:

Did you not get the memo? Lol. Kidding. I didn't know it was ever allowed, but I do not sell on UU.

Just wanted to say, your Martin repro is gorgeous! Wow, I adore that dark wood. It even sounds like a vintage Martin on your youtube links, Timbuck. If I didn't already own a Martin, I'd be all over it. It looks nice. Gotta love those tuners, too.

Thanks for posting.

That's been the rule as long as I've been a member, but enforcement hasn't been consistent. Perhaps as the UU forum gets bigger, it's getting more important for mods to enforce all of the rules.

You can always post the link in "Videos and Links".

Side note: I always love seeing your beautiful work. My best wishes to that uke finding a loving, strumming home.

That's been the rule as long as I've been a member, but enforcement hasn't been consistent. Perhaps as the UU forum gets bigger, it's getting more important for mods to enforce all of the rules.

You can always post the link in "Videos and Links".

Side note: I always love seeing your beautiful work. My best wishes to that uke finding a loving, strumming home.
Thanks for that "Loophole" in the system Ralf.:)

It's a beautiful instrument. Wish I hadn't just depleted my $$$ on an old Kamaka.

I've just put a uke on ebay..and put it on the "Market place" section with a link to ebay but the moderator has removed the link and the ebay reference saying it's not allowed:(...Is this a new thing co's it never happened in the past :confused:

They sorta work on wink wink system when you become a VIP member. :p

Ken

you may like to check out the marketplace guidelines thread at your convenience mate, particularly the two rules at the bottom re dealers and ebay.

The marketplace was instituted to be a place for members to buy/sell/trade their ukes privately and this is the way we are trying to keep it. The marketplace board is not an auction house or ebay ad space, and links to auctions outside of the UU are simply not allowed. Ken, you are able to put up your instrument on videos and links board if you want to - minus the ebay link. Thanks for your understanding.

jon

Ken

you may like to check out the marketplace guidelines thread at your convenience mate, particularly the two rules at the bottom re dealers and ebay.

The marketplace was instituted to be a place for members to buy/sell/trade their ukes privately and this is the way we are trying to keep it. The marketplace board is not an auction house or ebay ad space, and links to auctions outside of the UU are simply not allowed. Ken, you are able to put up your instrument on videos and links board if you want to - minus the ebay link. Thanks for your understanding.

jon

I've got to admit I didn't read the marketplace guidelines too well ..if not at all:eek:...in the future i will try and work within the rules...Best Regards Ken.

Ken

jon

just put it in the links and videos. I think that is kosher

I've got to admit I didn't read the marketplace guidelines too well ..if not at all:eek:...in the future i will try and work within the rules...Best Regards Ken.

it's no worries Ken, just wanted you to know. Your ukes are much sought after and with good reason. I believe the rules were updated fairly recently. You can put your business related stuff on the "Links and Vids" board, no prob. Cheers mate.

They sorta work on wink wink system when you become a VIP member. :p

to the best of our abilities, all members are treated with equanimity. There is no favouritism displayed to anyone, whether they have been a member five minutes or five years, whether they be a VIP or otherwise. The goal in the running of this place is to maintain fairness and respect for all.

to the best of our abilities, all members are treated with equanimity. There is no favouritism displayed to anyone, whether they have been a member five minutes or five years, whether they be a VIP or otherwise. The goal in the running of this place is to maintain fairness and respect for all.

And we all appreciate it.

Still, I would not object as a regular member if the rules were changed so that VIP members had the extra feature of being allowed to post ebay links. I would think it only fair that a cash supporter has extras that I don't. So that may be something you may want to bring up to the guys--it may also be another incentive for folks to VIP.

I'm glad to hear and I was just making a joke. I personally think UU should charge $5 or $10 for non-members to post ukes for sale. I would love UU to have more support and to buy some stuff for the hard working mods!! :eek:

I'm glad to hear and I was just making a joke. I personally think UU should charge $5 or $10 for non-members to post ukes for sale. I would love UU to have more support and to buy some stuff for the hard working mods!! :eek:

my kayaking web forum does exactly that. cuts back on dubious ads, too

Ken we have done in the past as well. I did not know it was not allowed. Maybe you could post your buy it now price and just run it through Paypal. As far as non- members paying, it coast nothing to join UU and you can not post in the market place with out being a member?

my kayaking web forum does exactly that. cuts back on dubious ads, too

My Golf Site as well...now that I'm into uke, I barely touch my clubs...Pretty hard to feed my appetite for ukes, golf, camera!! The uke is winning big time and I love it!

Maybe the rules need to be modified, to some extent. I appreciate the occasional eBay links from long time members. Is there a procedure to get this rule reexamined? Or at least see what members prefer?

Top Bottom