Tuning

srry but I can't make a video,but the easiest way for me is compare each string to the A string. 2nd fret G string, 8th fret C string, and 5th fret E string all should match up to the A sting open. Hope that helps!

srry but I can't make a video,but the easiest way for me is compare each string to the A string. 2nd fret G string, 8th fret C string, and 5th fret E string all should match up to the A sting open. Hope that helps!

And also the G string should match with the E string 3rd fret.

in wind ensembles we always tune from da bottom up ... so da way I normally tune is to get da C string (since I play Hi-G) tuned, den tune up:

C string 4th fret = E
E string 3rd fret = G
G string 2nd fret = A

Hey! can someone make a video on how to tune your ukulele without an electric tuner.. just by ear or something...?

There is a video on yotube and the guy has the sounds ond you just match the sounds. Tuning by ear is an art, it cant be taught. (the real way) usually you will have to tone one string to a tuner (unless you have ben doing it a while) then you can use the fret way like described above.

Howlie boy

if you know a song really well, do the picking and fix it so it sounds good.
for example i always make sure You Don't Miss Your Water, Zelda Overworld, and Santeria sounds right in one sitting.

check out Aldrine's Ukulele Quick Tips #3 on IAmHawaii.com...very helpful!

he starts with the G-String in tune:

2nd fret G-String -> A-String
3rd fret A-String -> C-String (off by an octave)
4th fret C-String -> E-String

Last edited:
I haven't checked, but their could be some programs online that play the note for you. Google it. OR. if you have a piano you could play the notes and just match them up.

if you know a song really well, do the picking and fix it so it sounds good.
for example i always make sure You Don't Miss Your Water, Zelda Overworld, and Santeria sounds right in one sitting.

i play like the first 3 notes of you don't miss your water aswell to check my tune and then once its good i'll play the whole song. i thought it was just me with that song lol guess not

Top Bottom