Grand Canyon (Magnetic Fields)

DWitt

Reaction score
Just worked this up today. The version of the chords I found online was no good.

Obviously, this was not enough to put Ada down for her nap.

C - Am (2-0-0-3)
If I was the Grand Canyon, I'd
F - Dm - G7
echo everything you say, but I'm
C - Em - F
just me. I'm only me, and
C - G7 - F
you used to love me that way, so you
C - G7 - F
know how to love me that way

etc.

This was also an opportunity to figure out a good recording setup. I recorded through Quicktime, using the internal webcam and my compressor mic. I wanted to put it through an equalizer (I'm used to using Audacity from recording audiobooks—that's also why I have thic mic sitting around), but that got annoying quickly. I worked on syncing the edited audio in iMovie, and then discovered that iMovie had its own equalizer—and then discovered that importing the Quicktime recording had messed up the sync in the middle, but NOT at the start OR at the end. At which point, I said "forget it" and just uploaded the raw recording, which is what you see here.

Any advice on recording, editing, or playing are welcome!

Last edited:
Just worked this up today. The version of the chords I found online was no good.

Obviously, this was not enough to put Ada down for her nap.

This was also an opportunity to figure out a good recording setup. I recorded through Quicktime, using the internal webcam and my compressor mic. I wanted to put it through an equalizer (I'm used to using Audacity from recording audiobooks—that's also why I have thic mic sitting around), but that got annoying quickly. I worked on syncing the edited audio in iMovie, and then discovered that iMovie had its own equalizer—and then discovered that importing the Quicktime recording had messed up the sync in the middle, but NOT at the start OR at the end. At which point, I said "forget it" and just uploaded the raw recording, which is what you see here.

Any advice on recording, editing, or playing are welcome!

Well done. The Magnetic Fields do good stuff and this is a real nice cover.
Sound only came out through my left speaker for some reason.
You do look a bit like a human kangaroo.:)

Well done. The Magnetic Fields do good stuff and this is a real nice cover.
Sound only came out through my left speaker for some reason.
You do look a bit like a human kangaroo.:)

Are you mocking my pouch? It sounds like you might be mocking my pouch.

I checked—it's just on the left in my original recording as well. So, I guess, that's another crappy thing about using unedited audio from Quicktime. I guess maybe I'll try messing around with iMovie again . . .

Thanks!

Top Bottom