Martin s1 stickers

BIGDB

Reaction score
I have a Martin s1 and I was thinking about taking the gold stickers off but both my parents don't think i should has anyone done this and did the stickers come off clean?

Thanks

I have a Martin s1 and I was thinking about taking the gold stickers off but both my parents don't think i should has anyone done this and did the stickers come off clean?

Thanks

Don't know. But I agree with your parents.

If you never, ever plan to sell it, take the stickers off.

Yeah it's my first uke that I've played it a lot so I'm never gonna sell it. Mostly why I want to pull them off is cause the whole uke looks pretty plain which I like then it's the shiny gold stickers which I don't think fits the whole look very well

Last edited:
Yeah it's my first uke that I've played it a lot so I'm never gonna sell it. Mostly why I want to pull them off is cause the whole uke looks pretty plain which I like then it's the shiny gold stickers which I don't think fits the whole look very well

Well, they do make it look like a Martin. I would leave them on. Maybe over the years, as you play it more and they get worn and dinged up, they'll become less shiny.

Well, they do make it look like a Martin. I would leave them on. Maybe over the years, as you play it more and they get worn and dinged up, they'll become less shiny.

I agree with this.

Try and dull them down right now with something temporary. Really, a Martin needs to have the Martin logo. Trust us on this. :)

I can understand this issue on another front. I have a Zoom H2n audio recorder and it has a red light always on when it's recording and I see that "red light" and it really bothers me! Argh!

Trying to remove a decal on an S1 is not a good idea unless you don't care how it will look afterwards. If the latter is the case, then just sand it off then re-add varnish or whatever. However, I don't recommend that. I once hated the look of my Les Paul sunburst clone guitar and I sanded it down to see the wood finish and re-finished it. In the end, I tried to convince myself I liked the new look, but I didn't, and it ended up unfortunately in the scrap heap.

Tread carefully... though duct tape will hide it, but that will pull off anything if left too long.

Good luck,

Petey

It'll be really tough to put the logo back on.

Okay let's say you never ever sell it and then your grandkids find it in the attic and it would be worth a million dollars, if only it still had the Martin sticker/logo on it.

Okay let's say you never ever sell it and then your grandkids find it in the attic and it would be worth a million dollars, if only it still had the Martin sticker/logo on it.

I was thinking of selling my S1...guess I'll wait!

Never is a long time. I don't trust never, especially when UAS hits :)

I agree...I have altered bass guitars thinking "I will never sell this one" only to find out I need some quick cash to fund the "new one that I will never sell." :cool:

Last edited:
No , don't take it off . You are talking about the CFMartin on the headstock? Don't take it off , you will regret it someday. I dont think they will come off easily .

Last edited:
Taking the sticker off will definity make it less valuable when selling it or showing it off to someone. I'm sure we've all said that we would never sell this.... instrument. Ha, I can't count the times I've said that and the many times I wish I had that instrumnet back. Dang, it's a Martin be proud of that sticker and it will "dull" up a bit as it ages.

Top Bottom