Season 54 of the Ukulele

My entry - On the Wings of an Eagle written by Russell Morris. Voice still a bit weird from the bug I had.
Voice sounds great! I had forgotten how much fun it is to be a host...such a great little tune I get to hear for the first time hear. Thanks for the introduction mate!

Welcome, Ang! We're glad to have you here in the Seasons. Any sister of TCK is a sister of... wait, that can't be right... never mind.

Have fun as a guest judge!
Very kind of you Miss Mars to welcome the sis aboard. She literally JUST took it up and is stoked to watch y'all do your thing.

This is a Robyn Hitchcock song. My daughter was way too happy to get a picture of me like this and put it on Facebook, with a caption of "My friends don't believe me when I tell them how crazy my parents are." Not that she's right, but I'm considering playing my entire set at next Saturday's show this way.

Way to send me off to bed with a smile on my face gentlemen.
Here's a bonus from a previous season:
Peewee- there once was a nerdy 13 year old who found a Tom Lehrer cassette on the floor of a friends car. Gladly, he pocketed it. This is one of my all time favorite videos from the Seasons- thanks for posting it again. Spring is here!
This is a Robyn Hitchcock song. My daughter was way too happy to get a picture of me like this and put it on Facebook, with a caption of "My friends don't believe me when I tell them how crazy my parents are." Not that she's right, but I'm considering playing my entire set at next Saturday's show this way.
WOW UKE41A! Does this song work for you or what? Beautiful song right there, beautifully done. That and well, you got your piratey- parrot thing going on so +2 :)

So far so good! I will see you all tomorrow, expecting more of the same stellar Ukin'. Going to be a heck of a Sunday

Oh I do have another one about birds : Chantemerle means sing blackbird. It is an old traditional from France.

so this has to be about about birds, it can't just mention them?

:D woke up to a brand new week and a fab challenge many thanks Dave and hello to your sis and i love the prizes , a noble and great thing to do, i sponsored a whale when i lived in Australia.
Have a couple of birds up my sleeve (tunes, im not a magician) i could do a very lame version of freebird as im a massive skynrd fan, but now off to research and find a chicken costume lol
looking forward to this week :)

And here is a little bonus from me back from week 31 a song all about a Robin :)

Last edited:
Wow, I'm paranoid someone's going to do my song before I get home and record :O
I have a back up but it is not as good :)

A perfect season to unveil my,new to me, purple Kamoa 700T (The "T" stands for trouble, or so I thought. My wife just laughed about it).

This is one of the classic bird songs. Well done and wonderfully selected

I started this as being my entry but then thought about Fly like an Eagle, so this is a Bonus Bird on a Wire by Leonard Cohen.

"Talking Bird" by Death Cab for Cutie

Here's my entry. Was going to do the Beatles'" Blackbird", but that was such an obvious choice, probably 10 people will do it, SO, I did one I'd never heard[I'm sure it sounds like it] "Talking Bird" by Death Cab for Cutie. I know I said for the 53rd season, but I meant 54th , honest.Like the bird, I too get confused.

Here's my entry. Was going to do the Beatles'" Blackbird", but that was such an obvious choice, probably 10 people will do it

This is about to get awkward..

I did this because its one of my favourite songs ever, joint first favourite Beatles song ever (The other is Back in the USSR)
I don't do it justice, but I really enjoyed kind of learning how to play it - it was the only song I wanted to do when I read the awesome theme. My back up was going to be Kate Nash - Birds but my strumming is not able to make a two chord song interesting, maybe I'll try it for a bonus.

Thanks everyone :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom