Season 54 of the Ukulele

TCK

Reaction score
And away we go!
Just got back from Raptor handling class and I am ready to host away on Season 54- this one is for the birds!
OK- here this is:

For those of you who like readin' better than watchin', here it is in text:
Season 54 of the Ukulele
Play me a song about BIRDS! Birds literally, birds metaphorically (a song about flight, but not human flight for instance)...any kind of birds.

RULES
First- Three Little Birds is off limits- way to easy. It can be a bonus, not an entry.
Second- Multi-tracking is not allowed in entries.
Third- Ukulele Front and Center
Fourth-Mention or title your video as an entry or bonus to the 54th season of the Ukulele.
Fifth- season ends midnight March 3rd, Hawaii time.

I encourage duets, bonuses and general silliness.

BONUS POINTS
My favorite bird song(s)- 3 points (you will have to guess, there are two tied for the spot)
We used to dress up for these-it was really fun (funny)- dress up like a bird, 2 points
Newbie? DO IT- 1 point

PRIZES
For Prizes, I am going to sponsor, for one year, one of our resident raptors at Sonoma County Bird Rescue in your name. You get a nice glossy picture of a beautiful bird and a thank you letter, I get to smile a lot. These birds cannot be released into the wild, so we care for and handle them, entertain them, and use them to educate the public.
1st Place- Red-tailed Hawk. You get to sponsor Phoenix, a beautiful one eyed lass that makes my day every time I see her.
2nd Place- Great Horned Owl. Veehar- the first owl I ever handled, after 20 years of talking about it.
3rd Place- Barn Owl. Garbo- my medicine. She makes me calm with just a look. One of the coolest creatures I have ever met.

JUDGES
Me, Melissa, and the newest family member to take up the Uke, my sister. Many of you already introduced yourselves over on the "I'm New" thread to Angela (ajlm). She is pretty jazzed to meet you all and listen to what it is we do every week.

Righto- looking forward to a fantastic Season here folks. Thanks in advance for entertaining me.
The Cloverdale Kid

Season 54 playlist
Bonus Playlist

Last edited:
Chicken Little? :)

John

Do angels count?

Do angels count?
Metaphorical birds meaning something about flight, which would be a stretch.If I let Angels in, then I have to let all winged creatures in, and then we have a whole different week. Going to have to say birds are birds.

Excellent Theme!

So I had an inspired guess for the three-pointer favorite, trouble is, it's been done. By Gus and Finn. Seems like a waste of YT bandwidth to even try to top this.

Searching the skies for more...

Haha- You are so right Peewee...there are very few I am not foolish enough to at least try, that is on the list. Absolutely amazing video right there. Not my favorite bird song, certainly my favorite duet in all of Ukuleledom.

Haaa-haaa - I had forgotten about that GUGUG video! Those guys were one of about three or four YouTube artists that influenced me to buy my first uke.

John

Ooh! I love birds. Once I get my thesis in, I should have time to contribute something. I have a tattoo of an owl on my wrist. Is that good for a bonus point? :)

Great theme, I've got my song picked. Hope no one else does it first :)

A perfect season to unveil my,new to me, purple Kamoa 700T (The "T" stands for trouble, or so I thought. My wife just laughed about it).

A perfect season to unveil my,new to me, purple Kamoa 700T (The "T" stands for trouble, or so I thought. My wife just laughed about it).
What a way to start things off! That uke is dreamy, and my goodness Ray-this song is perfect for your voice. So nicely done. This will keep me smiling for days.
Ooh! I love birds. Once I get my thesis in, I should have time to contribute something. I have a tattoo of an owl on my wrist. Is that good for a bonus point? :)
YAY! Another owl tattoo :) Just got mine last week...whole side, Van Gogh owl study. owltat.jpg
Let's see it! I am going to say that that level of commitment counts for a partial dress up!

Last edited:
GREAT theme Dave! I have a few ideas in mind. May have to do them all. Also, my youngest daughter is a big fan of owls. Maybe I could find a good owl song. Woo hoo!

Dave, you ask for songs ABOUT birds...can it be a song that has a bird repeated in a key lyric, even though the song is about a bigger idea?

Hot dang! I've just been working on a couple of prog-rock bird songs lately. And there's plenty of other bird songs I like. I'm playing in a show next Saturday that I have to prepare for, but I hope to get a couple of bonus songs in.

Hey Ang here - TCK's sister! I am so thrilled to be a guest judge this week. You all are so inspiring and I am already loving what I am seeing/hearing/reading!

There are a couple songs I would love to see of course but looking forward to every submission!

Cheers!

Totally works...birds in the song, it is a go!
Dave, you ask for songs ABOUT birds...can it be a song that has a bird repeated in a key lyric, even though the song is about a bigger idea?

Hey Ang here - TCK's sister! I am so thrilled to be a guest judge this week. You all are so inspiring and I am already loving what I am seeing/hearing/reading!

There are a couple songs I would love to see of course but looking forward to every submission!

Cheers!

Oh hey Sis! Glad you found us-this is going to get really good!

Last edited:
Top Bottom