Cases that "take" stickers?

Tonya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, I know this is not the most important element of an ukulele case by any means, but does anyone know which *good* tenor hardshell cases would accept a sticker on it and the sticker would "stick" well?

I have numerous stickers on my hardshell Gator soprano case (periodic applications of decoupage glue stuff keeps the edges down if the sticker has lifted a bit; it also works well on the very old 60s-style travel decals which use a water application) and I like 'em on there because it adds some color to the case--and certainly has been a conversation starter in airports, etc.

I have an Oahu case for my tenor now, but the surface is too "pebbly" to accept a sticker well. Any experience with this odd request?

I have stickers all over my Oahu case. Most of them stay on there pretty well if you apply some weight to them. Occasionally they'll peel up around the corners, but that's what glue is for.

I don't think it's an odd request at all. I have an Oahu case, though I haven't tried to put a sticker on it yet, I'm not confident one would 'take'. Had the same problem with the "pebbly" texture of a cello case, stickers were always lifting.

I would suggest a fibreglass case would best take a sticker. I also want to add some stickers to a case, so am looking at these:

http://www.ukesarefun.co/fibreglass-cases.html

In the US I found these.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aukulele+hard+case+tenor+crossrock+fiberglass&keywords=ukulele+hard+case+tenor+crossrock+fiberglass&ie=UTF8&qid=1361666793

Now I don't know about the quality of either of these, but I imagine they'd take stickers well, if that is a priority.

Oscar Schmidt cases are good. I just bought another one this past week. To be honest, besides ukulele fit, sticker adhesion is right up there.

Okay, I know this is not the most important element of an ukulele case by any means, but does anyone know which *good* tenor hardshell cases would accept a sticker on it and the sticker would "stick" well?

I have numerous stickers on my hardshell Gator soprano case (periodic applications of decoupage glue stuff keeps the edges down if the sticker has lifted a bit; it also works well on the very old 60s-style travel decals which use a water application) and I like 'em on there because it adds some color to the case--and certainly has been a conversation starter in airports, etc.
Aloha Tonya,
Always nice to bling out your case....but I have this feeling that with all the added attention, it will be a focal point for theives as well..
I have couple stickers on all my cases, but it was put on by the previous owners.....how about super glue girl....it dries fast but once you got
it on, it will be almost impossible to remove...oh darn...maybe something less permanent like contact cement or rubber cement...hmmm http://www.bing.com/shopping/adhesi...q=contact+cement&lpq=contact cement&FORM=HURE

Last edited:
I also have an Oahu case with a couple stickers on it. They seem to be doing fine for now, but they've only been on for a few months, so time will tell if they "take" or not.

Always nice to bling out your case....but I have this feeling that with all the added attention, it will be a focal point for theives as well..
I kinda thought that with those stickers it'd be very "different" than the standard cases so I (or anyone else) could see it in a crowd if it was being carried away...

And I could always put one of those "Mahalo" brand stickers on it, too!

Good to hear there are other "sticker/decal" fans out there. Some great info about the Oahu cases with stickers and some other ideas for cases as well (anyone tried any of those fiberglass ones--are they truly sturdy or do they flex a lot??). And special thanks to Bill1 for his specific tips.

I've got my sticker collection out (gee, do I sound like a girl in third grade?) and will start pondering which case and which affixing method. Maybe I'll need two cases...

BTW, would it be totally "wrong" to put stickers on an Ameritage case?

BTW, would it be totally "wrong" to put stickers on an Ameritage case?
Let's see........it's your case, right? You are allowed to do anything you want with it. I am the sort of person who will do whatever I want with MY stuff. That's why it's mine.

I don't have one but I would think the Kamoa cases would take a sticker.

Yep, I used to have a sticker on one of my Kamoa cases.

Where do you get your stickers? I plan to get a UU die cut sticker for my new case - when I get it. Other than that I haven't found anything interesting. Sure, I could put on a hibiscus sticker or frangipani in different sizes. Bit girly for me though. For some reason the frangipani sets are popular on the rear window of girl's cars here.

Top Bottom