My First Time...

freedive135

Reaction score
My first public performance other than playin in a parking lot, the Dog Park or the school where I take lessons.

The other half's boss asked me if I wanted to play for the company Christmas Party, she has heard me a couple of times when commin over for Cocktail's. I told her I don't sound as good when you a not drinking!!!

So I maned up last night and played for awhile with only a few missed chords those dang switches to Adim,Cdim,F#dim shape get me everytime...

The "set" list :biglaugh:

Gilligan's Island
Yellow Bird
Sway
Slow Boat to China
Marianne
Margaritaville
The Magic Islands
Keep your Eyes on the Hands
In a Little Hula Heaven
I Can See clearly Now
Brown Eyed Girl
Princess Pupule
Tiny Bubbles
Pearly Shells
Ukulele Lady
Sittin on the Dock of the Bay
Here comes the Sun
Under the Boardwalk
When I'm 64
26 Miles
Surf City
Breakdown
Free
Southern Cross
Honolulu Baby
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Somewhere over the Rainbow/Wonderful World
Frosty the Snowman
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Beginning to look a Lot Like Christmas
Jingle Bell Rock
Mele Kalikimaka
Rockin Around the Christmas Tree
Rudolph
Santa Claus is Commin to Town
Winter Wonderland
Jingle Bells
Wish You a Merry Christmas
Up on the Housetop
3 Little Birds

After I left the folks she works with told her it was alot better than what they were expecting.

Sorry Deach no video, hopin I get that cam for Christmas.

that's a set list? Looks more like a marathon list to me. Congrats on the performance man.

Congratulations and WOW, FreeDive! 40 songs at 3 minutes each is 120 minutes, or 4 HOURS!!! How long was the party and did you get breaks and time to eat/drink? Can tou speak, today?! Your wife's company got one heck of a bargain, no matter what they paid. That's enough songs for two or three bands. Ric

It was alittle nerve wracking when I started but alot of fun, got fed but it was a freebie so I can keep my amateur status!!! and part of the deal was that I WOULDN'T sing... Haven't taken those lessons yet!!!!
I started a 11am and took a short break at 1p for food and finished up alittle after 3p. It was an all day office party.

My fingers are feelin it today, wish I had all those song in the ol' memory I have to give some thanks to Jumpin Jim for his books...

Last edited:
Top Bottom