What is your favorite GROUP song to play?

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hi All,

What is your favorite song or songs you have played in a group setting that you think works well in a larger group of 10 or more players, playing simultaneously?

Thanks for the input!

Christmas songs are great for this because everyone knows them well to sing.

I think the songs we do "best" as a group at my local Ukulele Club are Folsom Prison Blues, Country Roads, Wagon Wheel, and Help Me Ronda.

Our meetup group regularly plays 500 Miles (I'm Gonna Be) by The Proclaimers and Stray Cat Strut by The Stray Cats. And IZ's Somewhere Over The Rainbow / Wonderful World mashup (when we play outdoors, people seem to expect it) and Puff The Magic Dragon (when we play outdoors, we try to play this song when kids are watching).

Last edited:
Waterfalls by TLC. No question.

The old Morcombe and Wise theme song "Bring Me Sunshine"
Mike

The group I'm in has a theme song to end the night. It goes to the tune of "Move It On Over" but lyrics to fit our group, and even a harmonica solo (if our harmonica player shows up, otherwise, we use kazoo:)) It's a fun song to play, and usually I have it going through my head the whole way home.

Dan

Waterfalls by TLC. No question.

Seeso, are you going to come out to the SF meet up and do the rap part for us?

The two groups I have been involved with
have a good time playing 'Doctor Jazz' (for
the oldie/standard vibe) or 'Up Around The
Bend' for the thrash of a Creedence tune
done for fun!

Down By The Riverside
Lonesome Valley
Old Time Religion

3 chords, lots of room for harmonies and improvised verses = FUN :)

For something different to start a meeting with some pep, try Your Sixteen, Bring It On Down To My House, Shady Grove, I'll Flyi Away, maybe I Want To Be Just Like You, Octopus Garden, SF Bay Blues, Hey Good Looking. Finish with Happy Trails

This Land Is My Land...I think it should be our national anthem...

Great stuff, keep it coming. I am making a list to pick some songs for the upcoming Ukulele Jay's UKEJAM by the Bay so I can prepare some music for everyone to jam to. Some really good songs here.

We always start our monthly uke jam (Turlock Uke Jamz) with Iko Iko. An easy 2 chord warm up and non-threatening to first timers. We always end with This Land. In between we like to mix genres and avoid key of C overload.
-joe

Only three songs??

Because we have all skill levels in our uke club, the songs where everyone can play along are the easier ones.

White Sandy Beach, On Moonlight Bay, and Music, Music, Music are often requested.

The song that is turning into our club's 'anthem" is Joe Brown's "I Like Ukuleles". Go to our club's Song Book to download/print the song sheet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom